[NEohioPAL] Only 2 Weekend Left!! Be sure to see Branches, a new audience-interactive drama about love, family and communication! + Reviews

Mark Little via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Aug 16 09:23:58 PDT 2016

Only 2 Weekend Left!!   Be sure to see Branches, a new audience-interactive
drama about love, family and communication!  The show is written and
directed by local playwright and actor, Gregory J. Lavelle

Synopsis: BRANCHES is an audience interactive drama where the audience sits
as a part of a group therapy session.  The audience members, by their
actions, determine which one of three possible endings is presented.  John,
a successful middle aged self-made man, approaches his therapist and friend,
Dr. Marvin Schwartz.  John recently had a one night stand with a woman in
his office and cannot bring himself to confess to his wife.  The audience
then decides whether to bail John out, or to let him face the consequences
of his actions.

Performance Dates:   August 12-14, 19-21 and 26-28

Performance Times:  Friday and Saturday 8:00 p.m.,  Sunday 3:00 p.m.

(There is an intermission for each performance when light refreshments will
be served.)

Location:

North Olmsted Old Town Hall

5186 Dover Center Road

North Olmsted, OH 44070

NOTE: The Old Town Hall is located just south of the intersection of Dover
Center Road (runs North and South) and Lorain Avenue (runs East and West) in
North Olmsted. As you travel south on Dover Center Road you will pass the
Police Station on the right. The Old Town Hall is the small building between
the Police Station and City Hall. You may park in the lot to the left of the
Old Town Hall building.

Cost:

Admission is FREE, first come, first serve.  Arrive early for best seats to
view the performance.

Or, call Acting Out! at 440-779-1284 for reservations available for $5.00
per seat.

Cast

Fred/Brad ...........  Mike Airhart

Dr. Schwartz .......... Michael Attali

John ............... Jim Hagan

Allen ............... Bob Kenderes/Gregory J. Lavelle

Mom ............. Marilyn Ransom

Alexandria/Crystal ....... Lisa Marie Randt

Amy ............. Mary Manos-Mitchem

Ellen ............. Susan Wagner

Guard/Grant ........... Bobby Caco/Gregory J. Lavelle

Production Crew

Gregory J. Lavelle .............Director

Reservations .................... Todd Evangelista

Publicity /Box Office /Refreshments ...............Linda Little

Tech. Advisor /Program Layout   ........ Mark Little

Lights and Sound .............. Bob Caco

Reviews and Comments

Dover Players' original drama, Branches, is an intriguing combination of Our
Town and The Twilight Zone.  Protagonist, John Ryan, in a dreamlike state,
revisits points in his life, branches, where he had faced options and finds
himself trapped by a Twilight Zone-like twist.   The play stars Jim Hagan,
fresh off his role as Felix Ungar of The Odd Couple at True North, as John,
a conflicted middle-aged man who has just had a one-night stand and who
cannot bring himself to confess to his wife.  Dr. Marvin Schwartz, the
psychiatrist who leads John through the Branches of his past, is played by
Michael Attali, a relative newcomer to the stage, who skillfully has the
audience teetering between believing him to be a true friend to John or
believing him to be the devil himself.  Susan M. Wagner, who moved audiences
with her tough and tender portrayal of a prostitute in the musical, A Fresh
Start at the Sunrise Laudromat, gave life to Ellen, the wife of John,
communicating her emotions as the hurt, but loving wife.  Lisa Randt
delivers in multiple roles; sexy teen coquette, Crystal and the alluring
Carol, the downfall of John.  The supporting cast does more than merely
support.  Mary Manos Mitchem, as Miss Coulter, skillfully shifts from cold
public servant to loving and caring friend.  Bob Kenderes portrays John's
brother in alternate realities as a down and out drunk or as a confident
successful businessman.  Marilyn Ransom, tugs at the heartstrings in playing
the mother of John and Michael Airhart brings comic relief as Fred and an
oafish foreboding presence as the bully, Brad.  Even playwright and
director, Gregory J. Lavelle (Jake's Dilemma) pops on stage for a brief
cameo as Grant, of all things, a theater director.  Background music of the
60's, 70's and 80's weaves throughout the play, setting the tone for the
scenes.  What makes Branches unique is the fact that the audience determines
the outcome.

>From Dover Players' Guest - Colleen Crowley:  LOVED the show!! Definitely a
"twist" from the usual at Dover, LOL. Loved how the twist left it up to the
audience!! A definite "must see"!

>From Dover Players Volunteer - Mark Little:  Dover Players is performing a
very interesting play, written and directed, by our very own local
playwright and actor (Doctor Watson from our Sherlock Holmes series), Greg
Lavelle. It's a purely unique human drama. Be the first in your neighborhood
to see it!

>From Dover Players' Guest - Robert Thomas:  "If you are in northeast Ohio, I
encourage you to check out the Dover Players Community Theater group and
their latest play, "Branches" - An original play written and directed by
Greg Lavelle. A story with so many interesting twists and turns and lots of
layers to unravel. The audience gets to decide the fate of the main
character, John Ryan, and there are 4 possible endings to the story! Very
Well Done! - Actions have consequences. And sometimes reality is not what it
seems. Check these guys out."  This is an amazing play and the cast was just
incredible! Well worth coming out and spending an evening at the North
Olmsted Old Town Hall.