[NEohioPAL] Auditions at convergence-continuum

Tyson Rand via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Aug 19 15:42:28 PDT 2016

 Announcing: AUDITIONSfor Like I Sayby Len Jenkin
Producedby convergence-continuumat The Liminis Theater underthe direction of Tyson Douglas Rand and runningfrom Oct. 14th to Nov. 5th on Thurs. through Sat.at 8:00pm.
OpenAuditions will be held on Sunday evening, August 28th at 7:00pm
HeadShots and Resumes appreciated. No appointments. This will be anon-traditional audition including cold readings, improvisation,monologues if you've got one handy and yes - some theater games. Beprepared to stay a while. This is an ensemble piece.Threeroles are pre-cast and are noted below.
5Men - 3 Women
IsaiahSandoval - Mid 30s to late 40s. A dreamer. A writer. A troubled soul.
CoconutJoe - Mr. Sandoval as his own central character in the story he'swriting.
Rose- Mid-Late 20s. Isaiah's caregiver. Older than her age but youngerthan her mind.
LittleJunior - A hotel employee. Similarly Youngish with an odd mix of wisdom &naivety.
HelenaSkate - The Hotel Manager - Mid to late 30s. Sharp. Compassionate.Lonely.
HaroldSchwarzberg - an Artist - pre-cast.
 LeonVole - a traveling puppeteer - pre-cast.
TanyaVole - another of the same & his wife - pre-cast.

Isaiahand his "nurse" have taken up residence in a once grand butnow literally crumbling ruin of a hotel on an eastern peninsula. Theyshare the residence with an odd collection of employees, philosophersand vagabonds. As we are drawn into Isaiah's writing, we see thepeople in his present life appear as the nearly thirty odd charactersin his book. A wild, crazy and truly seductive adventure, in bothstory lines!