[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Music Man at Heights Youth Theatre - August 29 and 30

Pamela Fine via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Aug 23 04:50:46 PDT 2016

*Music Man*

Directed by Kelly Monaghan
Musical Directed by Stacy Bolton

*Auditions for anyone in grades 1-12:*

*Monday, August 29*  – open call beginning at 6:00 pm, please arrive by 8
pm to be seen
*Tuesday, August 30 * – open call beginning at 6:00 pm, please arrive by 8
pm to be seen

*Please note: *
*If you are not available to audition on either of these dates
please e-mail heightsyouththeatre at gmail.com <heightsyouththeatre at gmail.com>*

*Callbacks** – *by invitation only on Wednesday, August 31

*Location for auditions, callbacks, most rehearsals, and performances:*
Monticello Middle School Auditorium, 3665 Monticello Blvd., Cleveland
Heights 44118

*Casting Information:*
All roles are available. HYT is committed to non-traditional
casting.  Actors will be cast solely on the basis of talent, except in
cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to a role.

*WHAT TO PREPARE:*

*Grades 6-12*

1*. *One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie. -
one verse and one chorus).
2. Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.

*Grades 1-5*

1. Please learn the following lyrics from *Wells Fargo Wagon* (we will help
you practice a little before you sing alone) - Understanding the words you
are singing is a huge bonus.  Parents, we encourage you to explain the
lyrics to your kids before they audition.

*O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street,*

*Oh please let it be for me!*

*O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street,*

*I wish, I wish I knew what it could be!*

We will be looking for the following when you audition:

   - Ability to sing consistently on pitch and with expression
   - Solid sense of beat and rhythm
   - Overall preparation (knowledge of song and self-presentation)
   - Positive Behavior

Please bring a headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out audition
form, found at *www.heightsyouththeatre.com/heights-youth-theatre-audition-production-info.html
<http://www.heightsyouththeatre.com/heights-youth-theatre-audition-production-info.html>*,
prior to coming to audition.

Rehearsals begin: Tuesday, September 6th.  Rehearsals will be Monday -
Friday, 5:00-8:00 pm. You will not be called every day, only when you are
needed to work. Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals as well as all
performances is mandatory.

Production Dates*:

   - Thursday, October 27, 7 PM
   - Friday, October 28, 7 PM