[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS FOR "UBU ROI"

Jeremy Benjamin via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Aug 23 06:28:40 PDT 2016

WHAT
Lorain County Community College Theatre Department is looking for students
and community members to audition for its Fall Mainstage production, the
wildly hilarious, grotesque, taboo-shattering, ground breaking avant-garde
classic, UBU ROI, by Alfred Jarry, directed by Terence Cranendonk.  This is
a non-equity production.

Rehearsals will begin Monday, October 3 and performance dates are November
17, 18, and 19, 2016. If you are cast, expect to rehearse Monday through
Thursday evenings, as well as Sunday afternoons, for 4 to 5 hours.

WHAT TO PREPARE:
Please prepare a two-minute ³mini performance² that incorporates speaking
text (a theatrical monologue, a poem, or a passage from a novel or short
story, for example) and a special skill that you have (such as acrobatics,
gymnastics, tumbling/rolling, magic, mentalism, puppetry, ventriloquism,
juggling, unicycling, playing spoons, ukulele, playing a musical instrument
of any kind, hula hooping, baton twirling, dancing, singing, yo-yoing, bird
calling, kazoo, etc.) If you do not have any of the skills on this list,
please add one of your own‹this is not an optional part of the audition. I
am looking for your creativity in being able to combine your text with
another skill. Remember, playing an instrument (even a kazoo) or singing
qualifies.
You may also be asked to read selections from the script and to improvise
with other members of your audition group. Please also come prepared to
write down all your schedule conflicts.

WHERE TO GO:
The Stocker Arts Center Cirigliano Studio Theatre, Lorain County Community
College campus, 1005 Abbe Rd. N, Elyria, OH

WHEN TO BE THERE:
Monday, September 12 or
Tuesday, September 13
7-10pm

With possible callbacks Wednesday, September 14, 7-10pm

Please, call LCCC Director of Theatre Jeremy Benjamin at 440-366-7120 or
email jbenjami at lorainccc.edu to make an appointment for an audition day.
There will be no reserved time slots, so be prepared to stay for the entire
block of time.

Jeremy K. Benjamin
Director of Theatre
Production Manager/Technical Director/Designer
Lorain County Community College
(440) 366-7120
jbenjami at lorainccc.edu

³After all of our studies we acquire only that which we put into practice.²

-Goethe