[NEohioPAL] Chagrin Valley Choral Union Looking for New Members

Lisa Georges via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Sep 5 11:18:27 PDT 2016

Chagrin Valley Choral Union is starting the 2016-17 season this Sunday, September 11. Please consider joining us this year. We are a non-audition choir that rehearses each Sunday at 7:00 pm at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in Solon. Our two concerts are held in Twinsburg. All voice types are welcome.

Chagrin Valley Choral Union (CVCU) is a premier group with a rich sixty year history.  We are a group dedicated to providing a unique opportunity for singers and music lovers who wish to perform masterworks of choral literature.  The roster of singers is as diverse as the music we perform.  Welcoming all types of singers ranging from professional musicians and voice students, to church and community group participants, we take pride in our dedication to learning and making music while maintaining a professional presence.

CVCU is a non-audition chorus that rehearses on a weekly basis.  Our goal is to perform two concerts a year in order to provide the community with exposure to classical choral music.  We have performed with local musicians and other choral groups.  What separates us from other choral groups is our rich performance history and deep appreciation for expressing and exploring the emotions and passions of the music of the past.  However, CVCU has also embraced contemporary music that exemplifies the style and flavor of the past as well, thus remaining dedicated to providing chorus members with a rich and education experience.