[NEohioPAL] FALL THEATRE CLASSES FOR KIDS AND TEENS IN OBERLIN

Nina Fisher via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Sep 13 08:21:18 PDT 2016

The MAD* Factory (*music, arts, drama) fall classes begin the week of September 19th!  Call 440-774-7062 to register and come join the fun!!

YOUNG ACTORS "IF I RAN THE CIRCUS"
AGES 5-7. MONDAYS 5:30-6:30. $170
Come play with us!  Students will have fun playing games, singing songs, ad learning their parts for a play based on the Dr. Seuss classic "If I ran the Circus."  This introduction to acting is a fun class where everyone is a star!  Class showcase December 5th.

COMEDY IMPROV SESSION 1
AGES 8-12. MONDAYS 6:30-8.  $170
COMEDY IMPROV SESSION 2
AGES 13-18. THURSDAYS 6:30-8. $170
How do you create a scene when all you have is yourself, your scene partner, and the word 'pickles'?  That's exactly what you'll find out in comedy improv class!  Students work together to earn the fundamentals of improv through quick thinking and character exercises, then put their knowledge into practice by performing in various scenes and games throughout the semester.  This class is always hilarious, come give it a try! Class showcase December 5th.

INTERMEDIATE ACTORS "WILLY WONKA KIDS"
AGES 8-12.  TUESDAYS 6:30-8:30.  $170
If you like to act, sing, dance, or just be in front of a crowd, then this is the class for you! We will work together to prepare "Willy Wonka Kids" for performance.  Students will read scripts, learn stage blocking, and have fun making friends and getting into character.  No experience necessary to come join the fun!  **This play needs 20 students.  Play title subject to change if enrollment is too low.** Class showcase December 6th.

TEEN ACTORS HOLIDAY PLAY
AGES 13-18.  WEDNESDAYS 6:30-9:00.  $170.
Our teen acting class is always one of our favorites. The MAD* Factory is a great place for awesome theatre-loving teens from all different schools to get together and become friends while working towards a performance goal. Focus will be on blocking, creating characters, and forming a strong ensemble bond. Play title will be chosen based on enrollment, so make sure to sign up early so you don't miss out!  Performance December 8th.

To register or with questions, please call The MAD* Factory at 440-774-7062