[NEohioPAL] Playwrights Local Announces Selections from 2016 Open Call

Playwrights Local via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Sep 18 08:20:45 PDT 2016

Playwrights Local received over 50 submissions for its 2016 Open Call. This
free process involved having all scripts read by at least two volunteer
responders, with finalists being read by at least three. Among the many
excellent scripts we received, the following were chosen. We are pleased to
announce these selections for our Fall 2016/Spring 2017 programs.

*2ND ANNUAL CLEVELAND PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL*

Staged Readings November 4-6, 2016 at Waterloo Arts in Cleveland

David Hansen: *The Way I Danced With You*

Lisa Beth Allen: *Have a Heart*

Eric James Dahl: *Make House*

Luke Brett: *Sad Martha*

Find complete info on this event--including our free Saturday afternoon
workshops--at the link below.

http://playwrightslocal.org/2nd-annual-cleveland-playwrights-festival/

*2017 PLAY LAB*

Development and staged readings January - April 2017 at Waterloo Arts in
Cleveland

Logan Cutler Smith: *The Panther Dancer*

Simone Barros: *Twice Told Tales*

Mary Wilkinson and Deb Dyer: *The Unexpected Advocate*

We’d also like to thank all of this year’s readers:

Jaclyn Cifranic

Dale Heinen

Les Hunter

Brandon Isner

Arwen Mitchell

Peter Roth

Joshua Smalley

Greg Smith

David Todd

We’re looking forward to a great 2016/2017!

-- Playwrights Local
http://playwrightslocal.org/