[NEohioPAL] Act-It UP! Community Theatre 2016 Fall Production Auditions

Shari Schneider via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Sep 19 19:28:12 PDT 2016

Act-It UP! Community Theatre announces auditions for the upcoming fall
production “The Christmas Cafe” by Burton Bumgarner produced by special
arrangements with Eldridge Publishing Company.

The cast being sought will be multi-generational from ages 8 and up and
consist of 18 males and 14 females.

*About the Story:*
“The Christmas Cafe” is a comedy set in a restaurant where Betty, the
waitress and cook, serves customers from three different familiar holiday
stories:  “The Night Before Christmas” by Clemet Clark Moore, “A Christmas
Carol” by Charles Dickens, and “The Nutcracker by E.T.A. Hoffman.

In "All of the Other Reindeer," Blitzen is burned out and upset that he's
always last on the team. The other reindeer have suggestions:  Cupid thinks
he needs a love life; Donder suggests a good stock portfolio, Prancer
thinks an exercise regime is the answer.  Baffled, the other reindeer call
in Santa's newest hire, a reindeer called Freud.  They tell her Blitzen has
jealousy and anger issues. Finally, the waitress Betty simply suggests
another reindeer take a turn being last and Blitzen has a better outlook.

In "Bah! Humbug!" Marley's Ghost goes to Scrooge's house, but in a century
and a half too late! The Spirits of Past, Present and Future confront him,
but everything's messed up. Now Tiny Tim is a football player.

In "Nutcrackered," E. T. A. Hoffman is struggling with writer's block.
Young Clara and her brother Fritz give him inspiration when they tell him a
wild story about a magical nutcracker.

*When?*Thursday, September 15th, 7pm to 9pm
Friday, September 23rd, 7pm to 9pm

*Saturday, September  24th, 11am to 1pm* (Schedule by Appointment Only --
Email the Director at act.it.up.theater at gmail.com

   - There is no prior preparation required as auditions will consist of
   cold reads from the script.
   - Please be bring your calendar to declare potential conflicts.
   - Act-It UP! Community Theatre engages in the practice of
   non-traditional casting and all roles are available.
   - A complete listing will be posted on both our website and community
   facebook page.

*Where?*Pilgrim United Church of Christ
130 Broad Blvd.
Cuyahoga Falls, Oh, 44221.

Performances and rehearsals are also held at this location.  The rehearsal
schedule will consist of Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30
p.m. The performance dates are scheduled for December 2nd, 3rd (matinee)
and 4th, 2016.

Act-It UP! Community Theatre welcomes actors of all experience levels, from
beginner to professional.  We enjoy sharing the magic of theatre and are
always seeking to grow our Act-It UP! family.  Whether you like best to
work behind the scenes or in front of the curtain, you are welcome to join
us.  Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/act.it.up.theatre/ or
sign up for audition notices athttp://actituptheater.
wixsite.com/pilgrim-ucc-church

Act-It UP! Community Theatre is an organization comprised of volunteers
from within the congregation of Pilgrim United Church of Christ and the
community.  After expenses, any profits earned from ticket sales support
the future of the theatre group and/or any special fundraising project as
agreed upon by the committee.  Additional information can be found at
http://pilgrimcf.org.

As a Director for this show, I am really excited about the
character-building aspect of this particular production!  If each actor
cast plays their character to their full potential, I can already see the
audience laughing A LOT!

I hope to see you at auditions!  It's going to be a wonderful journey!

Blessings,
Shari Lynn Schneider
Director
--
"I have finally reached the wonderful point in my life where I know exactly