[NEohioPAL] Auditions: Midwest regional premiere of The Bridges of Madison County

Martin Friedman via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Sep 27 09:18:36 PDT 2016

*Lakeland Civic Theatre announces*

*Auditions for the Regional premiere of*

*The Bridges of Madison County*

Music and Lyrics by

Jason Robert Brown

 Book by

Marsha Norman

Directed by Martin Friedman

 Sets and Lights by Trad A Burns

 Musical Direction by Jordan Cooper

Costumes by Tesia Benson

 Sound by Eric Simna

*The Play:*

*The Bridges of Madison County *Based on the best-selling novel, and
developed by the Pulitzer- and Tony Award-winning creative team of Jason
Robert Brown (*The Last Five Years*, *Parade*, *Songs for a New World*) and
Marsha Norman. Winner of the 2014 Tony Award for Best Score and
Orchestrations, this sweeping romance about the roads we travel, the doors
we open and the bridges we dare to cross will leave audiences breathless.

*Audition Information:*

*Auditions will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 4 and 5 from 7:15
to 10pm at Lakeland Community College in Building D. Park in the
Faculty/Staff parking lot (gate opens after 7pm). Building D is to the left
of the Clocktower. Callbacks on Thursday, October 6. *

*Please: **One 32 bar cut in the style of the show.  A strong command of
musical styles and vocal athleticism is greatly needed for this show. *

*You need only come to one of the audition dates. YOU DO NOT NEED AN
AUDITION TIME. JUST SHOW UP AT 7:30pm AND WE WILL HAVE YOU SING and then
READ. We will have a CALLBACK, on Thursday, October 6 at 7:15.*

*ALL ROLES ARE COMPENSATED.  Sorry, no EQUITY contracts for this show.  *

*The Roles:*

*Francesca: * An Italian war bridge; generous, luminous, and funny, married
to a farmer and living in Iowa. Gender: Female Age: 30 to 50. Soprano.

*Richard "Bud" Johnson: *Francesca's husband. An Iowa farmer, a good guy,
diligent and dependable, but always exhausted and irritated. Gender: Male.
Age: 30 to 50. Baritone.

*Robert Kincaid: *A ruggedly handsome photographer. Gender: Male Age: 35 to
50. Bari-Tenor.

*Marian: *Robert's former wife, a musician. Gender: Female Age: 30 to 50.
Mezzo

*Chiara: *Francesca's sister still living in Italy. Gender: Female Age: 30
to 50. Mezzo

*Kids: The daughter is 14 and the son is 16 or so. The vocal range is very
mature so I am looking for younger looking later teens and early twenties.*

*Michael: *Francesca and Bud's son. Gender: Male. Age: 16 to 16

*Carolyn: *Francesca and Bud's daughter. Gender: Female Age: 14 to 14

*Marge: *Francesca's neighbor. Gender: Female Age: 30 to 60 Vocal range
top: C5 Vocal range bottom: G3. Alto

*Charlie: *Marge's husband. Gender: Male Age: 40 to 70. Baritone

*Ensemble*

Townspeople

*Production and Rehearsal Dates:*

*The Bridges of Madison County **will open on Friday, February 3 and run
through February 19, 2017. There will be nine (9) shows; that is three (3)
weeks of performances. Rehearsals will begin the beginning of December
based upon your schedules.*

For more information, please feel free to contact me, Martin Friedman at
martinfriedman98 at gmail.com or at 216/233-5441.