[NEohioPAL] Bizarre comedy LIKE I SAY opens Fri, Oct 14 at convergence-continuum

convergence-continuum via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Sep 28 09:37:31 PDT 2016

	OHIO PREMIERE OF _LIKE I SAY, _BY LEN JENKIN

	OPENS FRI, OCT 14 AT CONVERGENCE-CONTINUUM

convergence-continuum continues its 2016 Season with the Ohio premiere
of Len Jenkin’s _LIKE I SAY. _ A writer holed up in a seaside
hotel is trying to overcome a tragic accident by teasing a story out
of himself. He's joined by a bizarre band of hotel staff and guests (a
tattoo artist, a slow-moving handyman, two sinister traveling
puppeteers, and the writer’s creation: Coconut Joe of
Kokomo).  The assembled band of misfits brings his weird story to
life, while creating a few wild ones of their own. _Like I Say _is
an unpredictable, structurally bizarre and strangely comic whirlwind
of a play with stories within stories, weird puppet shows, an Alpine
zombie resort, and much more. A truly wild ride.

	“This mysterious and comic story takes us to the edge of America
and the end of the line.”
  (
Royal Court Theatre, London)

	_LIKE I SAY
_is directed by Tyson Douglas Rand, and features actors Robert Branch,
Robert Hawkes, Marcia Mandell, August Scarpelli, Linda Sekanic, Clyde
Simon, Lauren B. Smith and Logan Smith.

	_LIKE I SAY
_ opens Fri, Oct 14 and runs Thurs-Sat at 8 pm through Nov 5 at the
Liminis Theater, 2438 Scranton Rd, Cleveland 44113 in the historic
Tremont neighborhood.  Tickets are $15 general admission, $12
seniors (65+), $10 students.  Reservations and information
at http://convergence-continuum.org [1] and 216-687-0074_. _

	Play Your Part: SAVE THE LIMINIS THEATER.
convergence-continuum faces the possibility of losing its artistic
home, as the Liminis Theater building is slated to be sold at the end
of 2016. We're currently in the midst of a fund-raising campaign to
buy and secure it for the company for the years to come. Please go to
https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/convergence-continuum-s-save-the-liminis-theater
[2]

Links:
------