[NEohioPAL] BARBECUE Auditions at tonight at CPT!

Beth Wood via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Oct 17 08:41:41 PDT 2016

Cleveland Public Theatre announces Auditions for

BARBECUE

Written by Robert O'Hara.

Directed by Beth Wood.

About the play...
In this hilarious and devastating dark comedy by Robert O'Hara (Bootycandy, Antebellum), the O'Mallerys have gathered in their local park to share some barbecue and straight talk with their train wreck of a sister Barbara, whose spiral of drugs and recklessness has forced her siblings to stage an open-air intervention. But the event becomes raucous and unpredictable as familial stereotypes collide with hard realities, and racial politics slam up against the stories we tell-and maybe even believe-about who we were and who we've become. "Fearless" - The New York Times - Regional Premiere.

Looking to cast...

1 Woman - African American- Movie Star Barbara, age 30-40 (a very successful pop star & movie star)
1 Man - Caucasian - James T, age 50-60 (an unsuccessful, pseudo-functioning alcoholic)
1 Woman - African American - Adlean, age 30-45 (a breast cancer patient, addicted to pain killers
All other roles have been cast.

Equity Agreements may be available for this production

About the process...

Rehearsals for this production will begin in early January 2017. Tech will be the weekend of February 11th. Performances will be in the Gordon Square Theatre on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays at 7:30pm, February 16th - March 11th. This production will have one weekend of preview performances February 16th - 18th & 23rd (no show February 20th), and will then rehearse until the opening night on Friday, February 24th.

Audition...
Monday, October 17th at 6:30pm

Auditions are by appointment only. Actors will be sent sides to prepare.

To schedule an audition appointment...

Please email Associate Artistic Director, Beth Wood at bwood at cptonline.org<mailto:bwood at cptonline.org>. Be sure to include your name, email address, and phone number in your email. You will receive the sides upon confirmation. No phone calls please.

Beth Wood
Associate Artistic Director
Cleveland Public Theatre
216-631-2727 ext. 206