[NEohioPAL] Accepting Submissions for Meet Me In St. Louis

Mercury Theatre Company via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Oct 19 14:59:06 PDT 2016

Mercury Theatre Company is accepting video audition submissions for its upcoming holiday production of MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS. Great roles available for actors, singers and dancers, ages 6 and up. Rehearsals will be weekday evenings between 5 pm - 9 pm, and select Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons in December based on cast availability.

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS has two public performances:
December 17 at 7:30 pm and December 18 at 2:00 pm in Regina Audtorium at Notre Dame College.

The roles of Esther Smith, John Truitt and Kate have been cast.

Specifically seeking:

Mrs. Anna Smith - good and loving mother "I Heard A Bell," "Wasn't It Fun"
Mr. Alonso Smith - father and lawyer "Wasn't It Fun," "A Day In New York"
Tootie Smith - bright six-year-old daughter "Under The Bamboo Tree." "The Drunk Song"
Rose Smith - beautiful and chic daughter, about eighteen "A Raving Beauty" "Skip To My Lou"
Agnes Smith - tomboyish twelve-year-old daughter "Under The Bamboo Tree"
Lon Smith - good-looking, nineteen-year-old Princeton freshman - dancer who sings "Skip To My Lou," "Banjo"
Warren Sheffield - Rose's suitor, an eligible young man "Raving Beauty"
Lucille Ballard - a sophisticated and charming young lady
Grandpa Prophater - Mrs. Smith's father, a Civil War veteran "Meet Me In St. Louis"
Eve - Lon's date at his going-away party
Postman - middle-aged Irish man

We are not seeking ensemble members at this time.

A small stipend available to actors over 18 years old.

To be considered:
Send headshot and resume along with a short video clip of 32 bars of musical theatre or classical christmas music to info at mercurytheatrecompany.org, on or by November 3. Casting will be announced by November 6 and materials will be available November 7.

- - -

Meet Me In St. Louis takes place in the year leading up to the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair and hinges on the possibility that banker Alonzo Smith, might uproot his family to New York, scuttling his daughter Esther's romance with boy-next-door John Truett and causing similar emotional trauma for the rest of the household. The story was made famous in the 1944 MGM musical of the same name starring Judy Garland. Adapted for the stage in 1990, Meet Me In St. Louis includes "Skip To My Lou" "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," "The Boy Next Door," and "The Trolley Song."

Mercury Theatre Company

216.771.5862

www.mercurytheatrecompany.org