[NEohioPAL] See Gigi on the big screen!

Joanna Hunkins via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Nov 2 12:18:29 PDT 2016

Join The Musical Theater Project for a special film screening this Sunday!

*Gigi*
Sunday, November 6 | 3 PM

Winner of nine Academy Awards including Best Picture (1958), Lerner and
Loewe’s charming screen musical that follows a young courtesan-in-training
and a rich playboy dodging the conventions of Parisian society. (115
minutes)

Featuring Leslie Caron, Maurice Chevalier, Louis Jourdan and Hermione
Gingold
*Screening introduced by The Musical Theater Project artistic director Bill
Rudman and Cinematheque director John Ewing. Brief Q & A to follow.*

*Tickets*
General: $12
Available through the Cinematheque.
Call 216-421-7450 or visit CIA.edu/Cinematheque
<http://www.cia.edu/cinematheque/film-schedule/2016/11/gigi>

And don't miss our upcoming concert...

*Almost Like Being in Love:The Songs of Lerner & Loewe*Sunday, November 20
| 2 PM

This multi-media concert will feature music from* My Fair Lady, Camelot,
Brigadoon, and Gigi *and more*. *Audiences will hear the story of how the
young New York lyricist, Alan Jay Lerner launched and sustained a 40-year
partnership with the Berlin-born composer Frederick Loewe. As always, TMTP
will dig up some hidden treasures, including the team’s early work before
“happily-ever-aftering” in *My Fair Lady *and *Camelot*.

*Tickets**General:* $35-$60
Tickets available through the Playhouse Square Box Office.
Call 216-241-6000 or visit PlayhouseSquare.org
<http://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/almost-like-being-in-love-the-songs-of-lerner-loewe>