[NEohioPAL] Get Hep Swing group swing dance classes begin this week in Brecksville

Valerie Salstrom via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Nov 6 08:21:04 PST 2016

Monday nights beginning November 7th we have beginner and intermediate Lindy classes.  One hour each week.  5 consecutive weeks.  $60 per person, $100 per couple.

Lindy began in the ballrooms of Harlem in the late 1920s/early 1930s. It is a conglomeration of dances that immigrants brought over from their homelands as a response to what was the latest craze in music - Jazz! Lindy is characterized by some of the same things that make Jazz music great; syncopated rhythms, creative improvisation, and call and response. In this workshop you will learn the basic 8 count footwork pattern, the swing out, circle and several other fancy fundamental moves. You can see examples of Lindy in the movies and TV shows like "Swingers", "A League Of Their Own", "Malcolm X”, "Swing Kids”, "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Dancing With The Stars”.

Tuesday nights beginning November 8th we have beginner and intermediate Jittebug classes.  One hour each week.  5 consecutive weeks.  $60 per person, $100 per couple.

We make learning how to partner dance FUN! Learn the easiest form of partnered dancing – The Jitterbug! Also known as East Coast Swing or Swing. We will dance to a variety of styles of music including big band swing, early rock & roll, blues and R & B! You will learn the basic footwork patterns and how to lead and follow a fun mix of spins and turns in open and closed position. Learning to swing dance is a great way to meet people and get some exercise!

You do NOT need a partner to take this class however, there is a discounted rate for people who sign up as a couple with one person assuming the role of leader and the other person assuming the role of follower.

Students should wear comfortable clothing and shoes with a non-stick sole. High heels are not recommended for this class.

Please register and pay through the Brecksville Center for the Arts. Registration and payment may be done online. You may also pay with check or cash, IN FULL, the first day of class.

Brecksville Center for the Arts, 8997 Highland Dr, Brecksville, OH 44141, USA
440-526-6232
Web: www.brecksvillearts.org
Email: brecksvillearts at yahoo.com

www.GetHepSwing.com