[NEohioPAL] Wold premiere of GIVE ME THE MAP by Robert Hawkes Nov 17-19 at convergence-continuum

convergence-continuum via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Nov 8 19:03:02 PST 2016

	convergence-continuum presents the fourth production of our 2016
Tweener Series.

	THE WORLD PREMIERE OF GIVE THE MAP BY ROBERT HAWKES, ONE WEEKEND
ONLY! NOV 17-19

	PERFORMED BY ROBERT HAWKES AND RAY CASPIO,  ACCOMPANIED BY CELLIST
ERIC GONZOLEZ

	DIRECTED BY SUSAN SOLTIS.

	The first scene of
_King Lear _goes badly for the old man, as we know. But what the heck
was he expecting, anyway? This one-act prologue to Shakespeare's
version of the tale seeks to answer that very question, as the King
and his Fool try desperately to control events that have not even
happened yet. An old man tries to retire from public life with what he
considers to be the dignity befitting his station, and sets himself up
to fail. Along the way, we encounter memory, grief, denial, the power
of language, clowning, fooling, and the invisibility of numbers.

	At the Liminis Theater, 2438 Scranton Rd, Cleveland 44113, in the
historic Tremont neighborhood for one weekend only, Thurs-Sat at 8 pm,
Nov 17-19.

	Tickets $15 general admission, $12 seniors (65+), $10 students at
http://convergence-continuum.org and 216-687-0074

	Proceeds from the Tweener Series go to the Save-the-Liminis-Theater
campaign.
The Liminis Theater building is going up for sale. The campaign was
launched to enable convergence-continuum to buy it. Full details about
the campaign may be found at http://convergence-continuum.org