[NEohioPAL] An Afternoon of Lerner & Loewe at Playhouse Square

Joanna Hunkins via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Nov 9 10:25:20 PST 2016

*Almost Like Being in Love: The Songs of Lerner and Loewe*

*November 20, 2016 | 2:00 PM* Hanna Theatre, Playhouse Square

They were the last of the great Romantics: lyricist Alan Jay Lerner, a
well-bred New Yorker with a Harvard education, and composer Frederick
Loewe, 17 years older, classically trained and born in Berlin. Together
they fashioned four of the most beloved musicals of all time: *My Fair
Lady, Camelot, Brigadoon and Gigi*, writing for stars Rex Harrison, Julie
Andrews, Richard Burton and Leslie Caron. You’ll hear your favorite songs
from all four musicals, including “If Ever I Would Leave You,” “I’ve Grown
Accustomed to Her Face,” “Gigi” and “Almost Like Being in Love”—and so much
more. It’s a remarkable story of two men who saw the world the same way,
writing straight from their hearts during what Lerner called the “sundown
of wit, eccentricity and, if you will, elegance.”

Co-hosted by *Bill Rudman* and *Nancy Maier* | Arrangements by *Ty Emerson*

Featuring *Benjamin Czarnota* and *Clare Eisentrout*

*TICKETS*$35-$60
Tickets available through the Playhouse Square Box Office.
Call 216-241-6000 or visit PlayhouseSquare.org
<http://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/almost-like-being-in-love-the-songs-of-lerner-loewe>