[NEohioPAL] KENT STATE UNIVERSITY AT STARK THEATRE PRESENTS WHAT WE¹RE UP AGAINST

Newberg, Brian via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Nov 10 15:03:22 PST 2016

KENT STATE UNIVERSITY AT STARK THEATRE PRESENTS WHAT WE'RE UP AGAINST, NOV. 11-13, 18-20

(NORTH CANTON, OH, Nov. 4, 2016) - Kent State University at Stark's theatrical season opens with What We're Up Against by Theresa Rebeck. The play will be performed on Nov. 11, 12, 18 and 19 at 7:30 p.m. and on Nov. 13 and 20 at 2 p.m. in the Kent State Stark Theatre, 6000 Frank Ave., NW, in Jackson Township. American Sign Language interpretation will be provided for the performances on Nov. 13 and 20 at 2 p.m.

Set in a highly competitive architecture firm, What We're Up Against takes a look at the complicated battle of the sexes raging across offices in Cubicle Land. The play is an insightful view of what it means to be female in a male-dominated career and one woman's response when she tires of slamming into the glass ceiling. Eliza, the intelligent and impetuous female associate at the male-dominated firm, challenges boundaries and sexist rules in her dog-eat-dog profession. Watch as she takes a whack at outdated office politics to break through the glass ceiling and rocks the architecture world to its core in this in-your-face dark comedy.

Ticket prices are $10 for adults and $7 for non-Kent State students and senior citizens. The play is designed for mature audiences only, due to strong language. All Kent State students are admitted free of charge with current student ID. Tickets are on sale now. Reserve tickets online at www.kent.edu/stark/theatre<http://www.kent.edu/stark/theatre> or call the Kent State Stark Theatre Box Office at 330-244-3348, Mondays through Fridays from 1 to 5 p.m.

Directing What We're Up Against is Kent State Stark Associate Professor of Theatre and Theatre Director Brian Newberg. Louis Williams is the scenic and lighting designer, Stephen Ostertag is costume designer and Ron Jarvis is the sound designer.