[NEohioPAL] Rabbit Run Theater announces auditions for "Songs for a New World"

RRCAA via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Nov 15 10:50:08 PST 2016

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Auditions for The Studio Series' Production of
"Songs for a New World"

As part of the 2016 - 2017 collaborative theater season, The Studio Series,
Lake Erie College Department of Theatre and Rabbit Run Community Arts
Association (RRCAA) announce  auditions for the upcoming production of
"Songs for a New World" by Jason Robert Brown.

There will be open auditions Nov. 29 and 30 at 7:00 pm at the C. K. Rickel
Theatre in the Royce Hall for Fine and Performing Arts at Lake Erie College.

"Songs for a New World" is about one moment.  It's about hitting the wall
and having to make a choice, or taking a stand, or turning around to go
back.  The first musical from Tony Award winner, Jason Robert Brown
("Parade", "Bridges of Madison County"), this show is a collection of songs
examining life, love and the choices we make.

Brown transports the audience from the deck of a 1492 Spanish sailing ship
to a ledge, 57 stories above Fifth Avenue, to meet an array of characters
that range from a young man who sees basketball as his ticket out of the
ghetto to a woman who nabs the rich man of her dreams and a soulless
marriage.

Actors auditioning should be prepared to sing 16 measures of a
Broadway-style song.  Please bring sheet music for accompaniment; no
pre-recorded accompaniment.

"Songs for a New World" is directed by Brint Learned, with musical direction
by Alex Ulle.

Production dates are Feb. 10 through Feb. 25. at the C. K. Rickel Theatre on
the campus of Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., Painesville, OH.
The theater is located on Gillett St.  For more information visit
<http://www.rabbitrunonline.org> www.rabbitrunonline.org.  or call RRCAA at
440-428-5913.

"Songs for a New World" is made possible in part by funding through the
National Endowment for the Arts, the Lake County Visitors Bureau Arts and
Culture Fund, the Ohio Arts Council and ideastream.

# # #

RRCAA is a comprehensive fine arts association offering year-round
instruction in all the major disciplines of the fine and performing arts as
well as operating Rabbit Run Theater, one of the few barn theaters still in
operation. For more information, call RRCAA at 440-428-5913 or visit
rabbitrunonline.org.

Lake Erie College, founded in 1856, provides distinctive undergraduate and
graduate programs grounded in the liberal arts. We empower students to deal
with the diversity, complexity and change necessary to excel in the 21st
century. We offer 35 undergraduate majors and master's programs in business
administration, education and physician assistant studies. Our students
compete in 17 NCAA Division II varsity sports.

Karen Ziegler

Director of Marketing/Group Sales
Rabbit Run Theater

P. O. Box 235, 49 Park St.