[NEohioPAL] Unsolicited review by Mary Faktor of The Little Mermaid at Beck Center

mary faktor via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Dec 3 09:42:59 PST 2016

DON'T MISS THIS ONE.  BRING THE ENTIRE FAMILY!

I had the pleasure of attending Thursday night's preview performance of The Little Mermaid at Lakewood's Beck Center of the Arts.  I've seen this play performed by other groups in the past, but nothing that equaled this production.  It could be plucked off the stage and placed in a Broadway theater, it was that good. Director Scott Spence has outdone himself on this show.

The musical direction of Larry Goodpaster and choreography by Martín Céspedes was outstanding.  Katherine Rooney as Ariel was the perfect blend of naive and determined.  Shane Patrick O'Neill has the kind of dreamy voice every prince deserves.  Natalie Blalock is "show stoppingly amazing" as the wicked Ursula, and Darryl Lewis is the frustrated, stern but loving King Triton. Also, I can't go without giving special kudos to Robert Pierce. His phenomenal powerful voice grabs you immediately as the show opens, and I lost count of how many parts he played throughout...the most memorable of course, being the hilarious Chef Louis.  The other principals and ensemble cast** were all well cast and extremely talented.  Do yourself a favor and see this show.  It's as good or better than anything you might see at Playhouse Square.

Just one woman's opinion...
Hugs
Mary Faktor (the actor ;-)
MaryFaktor.com
"Like" my FB Page THE SIX AGES OF WOMAN

Tickets are $31 for adults, $27 for seniors (65 and older), and $12 for students with a valid I.D. A $3 service fee per ticket will be applied at time of purchase. Preview Night on Thursday, December 1 is $10 with general admission seating. Group discounts are available for parties of four or more. Purchase tickets online at beckcenter.org or call Customer Service at 216.521.2540 x10. Beck Center for the Arts is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, just ten minutes west of downtown Cleveland. Free onsite parking is available.

**CAST
Prince Eric - Shane Patrick O’Neill
Grimsby - Brian Pedaci
King Triton - Darryl Lewis*