[NEohioPAL] Audition and Callback Workshop for 6th-8th Grades at Playmakers

Rachel Zake via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Dec 10 05:03:21 PST 2016

Good Morning!
Some exciting news!!  Playmakers Youth Theatre is holding our Master Class I again for grades 6-8 in January!  A bit about the class…  The purpose of this class is to help kids in grades 6-8 feel more prepared for auditions and callbacks.  Many times we receive questions on best practices and felt that a two-part workshop ahead of upcoming auditions would help kids feel confident and prepared.  Topics include song choice, cold reads, callbacks, what directors are looking for in youth theatre, and everything in between.   You do NOT need to be a member of Mandel JCC or a current Playmakers participant to get involved.  This is a tool to help kids at all levels of skill and involvement in theatre with the audition and callback process.
We had 36 6th-8th graders participate in the fall, with a lot of great feedback.  Some of the comments included: feeling more prepared for auditions, understanding the process better, and feeling more comfortable approaching callbacks.
The Logistics:
Dates: 1/3 and 1/5. NOTE: You must attend both classes to participate.
Times: 5pm-7pm
Location: Fairmount Temple
Pricing: Member pricing is $38/non-member pricing is $45
Registration is open now! To get registered, please click on the link below. Max is 10 kids/class and students must attend both sessions.  Classes are first come, first serve and space is limited.
http://www.mandeljcc.org/master-class-i-ii/playmakers/
These were wildly successful in the fall, with the class selling out within the first hour.  We ended  up adding two additional classes at that time.  Unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer this addition in January due to timing.  Sign up is first come, first serve, so it is best to sign up as soon as possible!
Please feel free to email or call with any questions!  Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks, Rachel ZakeDirector of Playmakers Youth TheatreDirector of The Francine and Benson Pilloff Family Performing Arts CampMandel Jewish Community Center of Cleveland26001 South Woodland RoadBeachwood, OH 44122phone: 216-831-0700 ext.1494rzake at mandeljcc.orgwww.mandeljcc.org