[NEohioPAL] LITERARY CLEVELAND - PAGE TO STAGE - Marc Moritz, Instructor

Marc Moritz via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jan 10 13:48:49 PST 2017

Check out this unique Workshop !
From Page to Stage: That's My Story and I'm Sticking to It w/Marc Moritz ($65 / 55 for members)
Saturdays 1/14-2/4, 10a-12p, Gordon Square Arcade, 6516 Detroit Ave.

With the motto of "Good stories don’t happen to good storytellers, good storytellers tell good stories," this four-week workshop will focus on creating one short story/piece sourced from personal experience and putting it on its feet and on paper. Workshop participants will engage in theatre games/acting exercises that will focus on bringing and sharing their own funny, sad or maddening experiences which inspire their work. If you find yourself in love with The Moth, DNTO, This American Life and the myriad of storytelling shows out there, this workshop will get your hands dirty and leave you with your very own oral/written piece.

And feel free to email me directly with any questions:
marcmoritz at gmail.com

Marc Moritz (AEA) most recently appeared in Yentl at The Cleveland Playhouse and was a GLTF Company Member appearing in Into The Woods as well as The Crucible , You Can't Take It With You & All's Well That Ends Well. Marc originated the role of Talk Show Host in the original Broadway production of the Sondheim/Prince musical Merrily We Roll Along and has worked in dozens of theaters across the U.S. He was also the Founder/Director of the Cleveland based Giant Portions Improv Troupe. His improv training includes stints at ImprovOlympic and extensive workshops with Paul Sills, Del Close and Charna Halpern. Marc was a Visiting Guest Artist at Cornell University, where he coached students and performed in productions as a professional mentor. Marc has taught Acting and Improv at AMDA, CAP 21, among many other professional acting programs. Marc currently teaches Speech and Communication at John Carroll University as well as On-Camera Broadcasting. He received his MFA in Acting at Kent State University.