[NEohioPAL] Vanity Crash and An Evening With(out) David Bowie - Bop Stop - Fri Jan 13 & Sat Jan 14 - Bop Stop

Dennis Van Crash via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jan 10 07:21:24 PST 2017

Bowieoke this past Saturday was amazing. A packed house at Musica, fantastic bands and solo artists, a lovely reading by author Gilly, lots of giveaways, charming karaoke and you - throwing your electric energy throughout the room, dancing like banshees and demanding Vanity Crash do 3 encore songs. We love you Akron!!!  -  Now for this coming weekend:

A Crash Course For The Ravers...

Dear friends, Many of you attended last January's presentations on David Bowie that we hosted at the BOP STOP. And many of you were unable to attend as four separate shows sold out quickly. This January 2017, we're mounting An Evening With(out) David Bowie, and we've posted a page specifically for folks like you: http://www.BowieShows.com

I wanted to send a reminder that we have revised the show and expanded it into two parts. On Fri 1/13 at 7:30PM, we present Early Bowie (through Young Americans), then at 9:30PM it's Mid- to Late-Bowie (Station to Station through Blackstar ★ and beyond). http://www.themusicsettlement.org/calendar/2017/01/13/an-evening-without-david-bowie-parts-one-and-two-bop-stop

The same two parts are repeated the next night, Sat 1/14. Most folks are coming to both Part 1 and Part 2 and staying all night either Fri or Sat. http://www.themusicsettlement.org/calendar/2017/01/14/an-evening-without-david-bowie-parts-one-and-two-bop-stop

As before, Cleveland's premiere glam punk superstars Vanity Crash will hit the stage after each section to bring a cathartic jolt with newly prepared Bowie classics, along with a few of their stellar originals.

If you attended last year, you should know that the show has been completely re-designed and DOUBLED in size! So much material has surfaced during 2016 since the artist's passing: unseen videos and photos, new details and factoids, re-mastered and cleaned up audio and video, and rare outtakes. We'll have a lot more time to play clips and songs that we had to breeze through before.

Full bar and kitchen service will be provided by the BOP STOP, and all proceeds from the food & bev will go towards supporting their mission to educate Cleveland area youth through the age of 18 with music instruction, music therapy, and preschool, day school, and kindergarten. As you may know, TMS will be opening a new West Side campus at the corner of W. 25th & Detroit, a couple blocks from BOP STOP.

And you may be aware that SPACES will have their grand opening right next door to BOP STOP on Sat 1/14, and many of their opening night revelers will be joining us at 11:30PM that night for a hot Bowie Video Dance Party. (http://www.themusicsettlement.org/calendar/2017/01/14/david-bowie-video-dance-party-bop-stop)
Written in pain, written in awe/By a puzzled man who questioned/What we were here for

I invite you to attend one or more of these exciting special presentations!

Thomas Mulready - CoolCleveland.com

Please click the JOIN/GOING button on our Facebook Event Page https://www.facebook.com/events/229183987517798/. Big Thanks!!!
Friday, January 13, 7:30 and 9:30pm, door at 7:00pm
Saturday, January 14, 7:30 and 9:30pm, door at 7:00pm
All Ages
Bop Stop – 2920 Detroit Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44113
http://www.vanitycrash.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/vanitycrash
http://www.facebook.com/VanityCrash
https://mkt.com/vanity-crash