[NEohioPAL] HBTI Auditions: "Children of Eden" and "Side Show"

Fred Sternfeld via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Jan 18 20:07:19 PST 2017

HBTI announces AUDITIONS for its summer productions of
*Children of Eden* and *Side Show.*
*Sean Grandillo *(TV: The Real O'Neal's, Scream, Law & Order: SVU;
Broadway: Spring Awakening) had this to say about his time working with
Fred Sternfeld and Bebe Weinberg Katz on *Children of Eden* while he was in
high school... "*Children of Eden* was a turning point for me. As an
artist, as a person… There's something about this piece and the family it
creates that is very special. I came to the show a total novice in the
theater, and I left with a confidence and a love for this art form that I
never could have imagined. I was thrilled to hear Fred and Bebe are putting
the show on again. They were the director and choreographer of the
production that meant so much to me a little more than six years ago. My
advice is, if you're on the fence, do it. This is the kind of show to do.
The kind of show that KIDS are LUCKY to get to do. I was fortunate enough
to meet the composer Stephen Schwartz, and he told me that of all the shows
he's written, *Wicked*, *Pippin*, etc... *Children of Eden* is his
favorite."

*Here is audition info
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T2kAf6cw651y9Y6xuvdeYMeoBfJU8U3vxALUQwmBlAM/edit?usp=sharing>
about HBTI's upcoming productions of Children of Eden and Side Show.*