[NEohioPAL] VO 101 - Free Voiceover Workshop

Dan Popp/Colors Audio via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jan 23 10:35:58 PST 2017

The people telling you that voiceover is a license to print money working in your pajamas are lying to you.  VO today is a tough, overcrowded field; it’s no place for the half-hearted and the hobbyist.

If you’re interested in doing the work to get the rewards, consider joining us for a free workshop called “VO 101.”  This is basically, well, basics.  The business aspects of voiceover (“How do I get work?”), the performance aspects (“What do they mean by ‘salesy but real’?”), the technical aspects (“Do I really need a home studio?”) - pretty much anything you want to know.

The workshop is for people who haven’t done voiceover before, who don’t have a professionally-produced demo, or who have made some steps in the industry but feel like they don’t yet have a solid foundation underneath them.

The date is Saturday, February 18th.  The time is 10am.  (It may last 2 or 3 hours, but you may leave when you need to.)  The place is Colors Audio in Southeast Akron.

Admission is free, but we’ve only got room for ten or so peeps, so you must request a spot.  Email colorsaudio at neo.rr.com <mailto:colorsaudio at neo.rr.com>.

Dan Popp
Voice Actor, Voiceover Coach, Sound Czar