[NEohioPAL] Creative Workforce Fellow Ray Caspio Premieres SUNDAY DINNER WITH TOOTS

Ray Caspio via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jan 30 13:07:17 PST 2017

SUNDAY DINNER WITH TOOTS
February 9, 10 & 13 @ 7:30pm
February 11 & 12 @ 6:00pm

@ 3821 Prospect, Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Also accepting private bookings beyond February 13!

an original performance experience by Ray Caspio & Uncle Toots
with creator-performers Benjamin Gregorio, Cassie Neumann Lucas & Lauren B. Smith
clothing consultant Kevenn T. Smith
produced by Ray Caspio & Kevenn T. Smith
homemade sauce prepared by Marilu Mercadante

Uncle Toots, here. Good to see ya! I’ve done the YouTubes <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA0DE6693109D45AF> and made ya pee-your-pants laughin’ in Theater Ninjas’ TingleTangle <http://raycaspio.com/performance>. Now, by popular (my) demand, I have my own skit: Sunday Dinner with Toots!

I been keepin’ a secret: from 1950 to 1953, I seen this girl, Fina. Beautiful: “small, but mighty,” your Aunt Barb says. I went into the service. Fina got married, had kids. I sold sausage ‘round the USA. We all make our choices!  Lotsa years passed. Her husband bought the farm and Fina and I had 16 more years together before she went to a better place in 2011. Sheesh. Her grandson, Andy Boy—Italian guy, good lookin’—wants to know more about her, so I told him to bring you over for my sauce and stories! Aunt Barb and Nurse Nancy’ll be there, too. You gotta let me know beforehand you're comin', though. We’ll sit around my table: a pasta meal, a lovely show, a belly laugh, and off you’ll go!

Tickets $30 each, including meal*
Highly limited seating! Seats must be purchased at least one day in advance!

http://www.raycaspio.com/uncletoots <http://www.raycaspio.com/uncletoots> or (440) 50T-OOTS to buy your seats at the table!

—————

This performance piece was developed as part of the LAUNCH performance creation residency program of the Community Engagement & Education Department at Playhouse Square, Cleveland, Ohio.

Thanks to Cleveland Opera Theater for the generous donation of the performance space.

The Creative Workforce Fellowship is a program of the Community Partnership for Arts and Culture. Funding for the Fellowship program is made possible by the generous support of Cuyahoga County residents through a public grant from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture. This piece is funded, in part, by the Creative Workforce Fellowship.