[NEohioPAL] "I Love You Because" previews this Thursday at Weathervane. Tickets are going fast!

Fred Gloor via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jan 31 12:58:55 PST 2017

Weathervane Playhouse presents I Love You Because
Charming musical is our Valentine gift to you.

AKRON, OH - Just in time for Valentine's Day, and continuing the Dietz Theatre Series of productions, Weathervane Playhouse presents I Love You Because, a charming love story set to music, on February 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, and 18 at 7:30 p.m. and February 5 and 12 at 2:30 p.m., and February 11 and 18 at 3:30 pm.  Ticket prices range from $10 to $26 and can be made by calling 330-836-2626 or by going to www.weathervaneplayhouse.com<http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com>. Due to some mature language and mature themes, this play is recommended for adults. TICKETS ARE GOING FAST!!!  The Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday performances of Opening Weekend are SOLD OUT!!!

About the Play: I Love You Because is a modern twist on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, set in New York City. A young, uptight greeting card writer's life is changed when he meets a flighty photographer. Along with their eccentric friends and siblings, they learn to love each other not in spite of their faults, but because of them.

About the Creators: Joshua Salzman (music) and Ryan Cunningham (book and lyrics) are Jonathan Larson Award winners as well as Drama Desk and MAC Award-nominated writers. Their Off-Broadway musical, I Love You Because, has been produced all over the world in five languages. Their new musical, Next Thing You Know, has been produced at CAP 21 in New York, across America and in Europe. Their song "Just Not Now" was featured on Lauren Kennedy's solo album Here and Now. Ryan and Joshua are graduates of the NYU graduate musical theatre writing program and are both members of ASCAP and the Dramatist Guild.

For interviews, cast photos, or more information contact Melanie Pepe at 330-836-2626. Ext 17 or mycp at weathervaneplayhouse.com<mailto:mycp at weathervaneplayhouse.com>

The cast and creative team of I Love You Because include:

THE CAST

Michael Knobloch
AUSTIN

Brooke Lytton
MARCY

Matthew Heppe
JEFF

Kyla Williger
DIANA

Benjamin Krumreig
NEW YORK MAN

Kaitlyn Harris
NEW YORK WOMAN

CREATIVE TEAM
DIRECTOR/LIGHTING DESIGNER
Will C. Crosby

MUSICAL DIRECTOR
John Ebner

MUSICIANS
John Ebner
Mick Shaull

COSTUME DESIGNER
Jasen J. Smith

STAGE MANAGER
Ashley Collins

PROPERTIES CO-DESIGNERS
Joshua Larkin
Jay Sigler

SCENIC CO-DESIGNERS
Kathy Kohl
Justyn James

TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Richard Morris, Jr.

ASSISTANT TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Kathy Kohl

MASTER ELECTRICIAN
Kellie Rossni

Weathervane Playhouse produces high-quality live theater with volunteer artists, designers, and technicians under professional direction, provides education and training in theater arts and appreciation, and engages and entertains its audience and constituents to enrich the quality of life in Northeast Ohio.
###

Weathervane Playhouse's 2016-2017 Season Support Provided by:

AARP
Akron Community Foundation
Mary and Dr. George L. Demetrios Charitable Trust

GAR

Kenneth L. Calhoun Charitable Trust (KeyBank, Trustee)

The Mary S. and David C. Corbin Foundation
Kohmann Bosshard Financial Services, LLC
The Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation
Millennial Group
Northeast Ohio Boomer and Beyond Magazine
Northeast Ohio Parent Magazine

Ohio Arts Council

Omnova

WKSU 89.7 FM