[NEohioPAL] Hartford Stage Seeking Properties Apprentice

npertz91 . via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Feb 9 15:55:49 PST 2017

To Whom It May Concern at NEohioPAL,

I'm reaching out to see if you know any soon-to-be college graduates that
have a particular talent and focus towards a career in prop making?

Hartford Stage's Apprenticeship Program is currently accepting
applications, until March 1, 20107, for all of our apprenticeships in every
department. However, we have a particular need for a properties apprentice
applicant for the 2017-2018 season.

This is the very program that I did the season following undergraduate
graduation (as an education apprentice). I recommend it for any young
artist seeking a great professional foundation and foot into the industry.

Below please find the properties apprentice description:

Properties Apprenticeship

The properties apprentice will work within the prop department and will be
an active participant in the creation and implementation of the designs for
each show as well as learning new skills and techniques while working with
top directors and designers. Duties include but are not limited to
crafting, researching, purchasing, shop and storage maintenance and
organization, as well as assisting with rentals, shop improvement projects
and working load in and strike. Ideal candidate will have a degree in art,
design and/or theatre arts, with experience working on collegiate or
professional productions. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, as
well as the ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
Additional information about the application and apprentice program overall
can be found here: https://www.hartfordstage.org/apprenticeships .

Should you have someone in mind for this or any apprenticeship, feel free
to share my information with them as I'd be happy to chat further about my
experience.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Natalie Pertz