[NEohioPAL] NEXT WEEK - Auditions for MARY POPPINS at Near West Theatre (For ages 7 & Up)

Kelcie Dugger via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Feb 7 08:13:02 PST 2017

Near West Theatre announces AUDITIONS for
MARY POPPINS

Intergenerational Cast (ages 7 & Up)

February 13, 15, 16, 2017

Monday, Wednesday & Thursday

Ages 7-12 from 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.

Ages 13 & up from 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

  Come one of these evenings. Plan to stay for the entire time specified.

See list of roles below!

Mary Poppins runs
May 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20 & 21, 2017
Rehearsals begin Sunday, March 12, 2017

AUDITION SITE:
Near West Theatre
(6702 Detroit Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44102)

If you are unable to audition on the dates listed above, or you have questions,
call our office at 216-961-9750, Mon.-Fri. 11am-4pm
or EMAIL info at nearwesttheatre.org<mailto:info at nearwesttheatre.org>

ABOUT THE AUDITION:
This is a group audition in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. No experience or preparation required. Dress for movement. Please plan to stay for the entire time specified, and arrive 15 minutes before audition time to register. Anyone arriving after the starting time will not audition that day.

At Near West Theatre we encourage everyone to audition. People of all experience levels, races, ethnicities, neighborhoods, sizes, gender identities and backgrounds are needed. We use theater to build community and relationships. We're a great place to express yourself and make friends.
Come try us! Bring a friend!

ABOUT THE SHOW
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!! At last! This imaginative convergence of the classic film musical and the sophisticated children's books by P. L. Travers comes to the Near West stage! A new script by Julian Fellows (Downton Abbey, Gosford Park) weaves together tales of a strict and magical nanny who comes in the nick of time to an estranged family in 1910 London, England. So let's sip a Spoonful of Sugar, Fly a Kite and Step in Time through a series of unforgettable events that forever change how the Banks family, and we too, prioritize our lives. Will Mary fly on Near West's new stage? Chim Chim Cher-ee... come and see!

Original Music and Lyrics by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
Book by Julian Fellowes
New Songs & Additional Music & Lyrics by George Stiles & Anthony Drewe
Co-Created by Cameron Mackintosh

Mary Poppins will be Directed by Bob Navis Jr. Musically Directed by Matthew Dolan
Choreographed by Josh Landis.  Stage Managed by Ryan Wolf.

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
MARY POPPINS
Jane and Michael's Nanny, Mary Poppins is a dazzling personality and a force to be reckoned with.
Mezzo Soprano

BERT
Bert is a Chimney Sweep and Jack-of-all-Trades.  Charming and charismatic.  Must move well.
Baritone to G.

MR. GEORGE BANKS
A bank manager, Mr. Banks is father to Jane and Michael. He tries to be a good provider, but often forgets how to be a good father.
Baritone.

MRS. WINIFRED BANKS
A  former actress, Mrs. Banks is very busy trying to live up to her husband's expectations. She is a loving, but distracted mother to Jane and Michael. Mezzo Soprano.

MICHAEL & JANE
The Banks children, Jane and Michael misbehave to get attention from their parents.

MRS. BRILL
The Banks' cook. She rules the kitchen at No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane.
Alto.

ROBERTSON AY
Clumsy, but good-hearted, the Banks' bootman has trouble following instructions.
Tenor.

MISS ANDREW
George Banks' old nanny. Cruel and demanding.
Soprano with Alto Belt.

KATIE NANNA
The last in a long line of nannies for the Banks children, Katie Nanna can't stand any more of Jane and Michael's pranks and leaves No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane.

ADMIRAL BOOM
The Banks' friendly neighbor on Cherry Tree Lane.
Baritone.

MISS LARK
Another neighbor on Cherry Tree Lane, she is a bit snobby and treats her dog as a child.
Mezzo Soprano.

MRS. CORRY
Mysterious and very old, Mrs. Corry runs the "Talking Shop". She knew George Banks when he was just a boy.
Soprano.

NELEUS
A statue in the Park. Neleus has lost his father, Poseidon, god of the ocean.  Strong dancer.
Tenor.

THE BIRD WOMAN
A woman who sits in front of St. Paul's Cathedral every day, selling bags of crumbs for the pigeons.
Alto.

THE PARK KEEPER
A stickler for rules and regulations, the Park Keeper watches over the park.
Tenor.

ENSEMBLE
Mary Poppins features a large ensemble of singers and dancers in a variety of styles, including tap, ballet, jazz and other genres.