[NEohioPAL] Act-It UP! Community Theatre - Mystery Dinner Theatre Auditions

Shari Schneider via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Mar 15 20:10:33 PDT 2017

Now casting "The Mysterious Case of the Broken Heart" written & directed by
Shari Lynn Schneider.

Theatre Performance Art -- for a cause!

The script had already been written when I found myself sitting next to an
FBI Agent on a plane. Her specialty? Investigating the trafficking of
children. After this encounter, and because of the storyline, it has always
been on my heart that this script be re- staged as a fundraiser to help sex
trafficking victims. This year, that opportunity presented itself.
No...this is not a pretty topic...it's not something we like to think
about...but it is something that happens on a daily basis. Even here, in
Ohio.

Auditions Dates:   Saturday, March 18th -- 11am to 1pm
                           Tuesday, March 21st -- 7:30pm to 9:30pm

Location:  Act-It UP! Community Theatre
               Pilgrim United Church of Christ
               130 Broad Blvd.
               Cuyahoga Falls, OH  44221

https://www.facebook.com/act.it.up.theatre/

If you have further questions, email the Director at
act.it.up.theater at gmail.com

*Character List posted on the Act-It UP! Page
*Cast Announcement will be posted late, March 21st.
*Read-through will be Thursday, March 23rd.
*Rehearsals will mostly occur on Wednesdays & Thursdays 730 pm to 930 pm.
*Dress & Tech Week 4/30 through 5/04
Performances May 5th & 6th.

Please note that this is a fundraiser and all actors, production team
members and the Director are volunteers.  Thank you.

About the story:
In "The Mysterious Case of the Broken Heart", we follow the story of the
character of Violet. We first see her as a child, an orphan, alone on the
streets having run away from an orphanage. We don't know why, perhaps she
was abused, perhaps she didn't feel loved or welcome but it doesn't matter,
she is a child and for whatever reason, the adults in her life, failed to
protect her. Thus begins her path of life. We see her later, as a teen,
trying to fit the pieces of life together, but still she struggles,
vulnerable, unable to trust. As she grows to adulthood, is it possible for
her to find healing?