[NEohioPAL] ATTN. FILMMAKERS

Joseph Bauer via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Mar 23 04:31:06 PDT 2017

      “Teen Angels,” my truth-based, edgy drama set to gangster rap and
‘60’s R & B is available for production, and I am seeking a Cleveland
centric filmmaker with a vision in the same ballpark as my own with whom to
collaborate.  If this wets your appetite, please contact me at
Joeybauer1967 at gmail.com, and I will forward the screenplay for
review.

     With a mixed gender and culturally diverse cast of nine, a single set,
just one scene and a running time of 90 minutes, “Teen Angels” features a
barrage of in-your-face humor and pure provocation. Viewers, particularly
ages 13 – 25, are in store for lots of bang for their buck with this one;
it brazenly holds absolutely nothing whatsoever sacred: family values, the
law of the land nor, especially, authority figures of all stripes.

     The story takes place in a day room at Los Angeles County Juvenile
Hall now and focuses on a very unique group therapy session, for which the
closest comparison is a no-rules-ultimate-fighting-cage-match, led by
social worker and aspiring movie cowboy, Mel Feinberg, 26, self-described
as “a wise ass on a short leash.”

     The posse consists of seven inmates, all of them age 17, awaiting
sentencing and quivering in a melodramatic display of mock fear of Dr.
Crabtree, Afr. Am., the facility’s director, staunch advocate of force
feeding her charges with the gospel by any means necessary.

     As a side bar, we are drawn into the kids’ compelling histories of
victimization and mind-blowing mayhem. With tongues and minds racing at
warp speed and thoughts and emotions jostling for position, they are
aggressively sniffing out each other’s identities like a newly formed pack
of dogs. We watch as they fight the power with only the strong left
standing.

     My other work includes the haut risqué memoir, *Hollywood Raw*, and
“On the Wall,” an urban drama, presented by L.A.’s Barnsdal Gallery
Theatre. In addition, “Hotel California,” my psychological thriller, and
“Hollywood Cowboy,” my comedy, - (both read at Cleveland’s Ensemble
Theatre) – put my stamp on a multitude of theater patrons’ must-see lists.
Apropos, a retrospective of my portfolio is available on kindle – (Amazon
and all other apps).

     I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest.

                                        Cheers,

                                          Joey