[NEohioPAL] Seeking a few "specialty" props (masks, small printing press, fake fireworks) for YCTIWY at Karamu

Fred Sternfeld via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Mar 28 12:30:53 PDT 2017

Hi Everybody,

I am directing *You Can't Take It With You* at Karamu, opening April 20 and
we are in need of a few specialty props.

I figured with everyone out there who has done this show, it is likely that
these items might be in a few prop storage rooms. Or, you may be able to
lead me to who might have them.

The show is produced by Karamu and due to the renovation of their main
stage it will be produced at Tri C East from April 20 - May 7.  Click here
to see the sensational cast and staff
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T8IESgIHlH_wp-PgRXVg4hzpInK1Aq4n22YDebDvQS0/edit?usp=sharing>
.

*Seeking...*

*MASK(S)* - A mask that Ed has created and shows to Penny. We also hope to
have some additional mask that Ed has made that can be on the wall as set
decoration.

*SMALL PRINTING PRESS* - A small printing press with a footprint of around
2' x 2', either table top or free-standing, circa 1910s-1930s. Ideally it
would work and have type sticks and some other accessories. But if it
doesn't we may be able to still use it.

*FAKE FIREWORKS* - These are the rockets De Pinna and Paul bring in - 1-2
ft long. They aren't real, they just have to look like something these
characters created.

*OTHER SET DECOR / SMALL ITEMS* - Can we come and raid your prop room?

Please write me back if you have something you are willing to lend us that
might work, OR if you know of a resource.

Thanks so much!!

--
Fred Sternfeld
http://www.fredsternfeld.com