[NEohioPAL] video gig request for audition submissions

Jeffrey Polen via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Apr 18 07:51:01 PDT 2017

Looking to fill several small parts in two videos for The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company ethics department.
Videos will be shot in Akron Ohio, looking for local actors. Need to shoot during normal business hours, M - F.
Videos are for internal use only, to educate company associates on corporate ethic policies.

VIDEO #1
Three male parts

Kyle - Plant manager - scene takes place on factory floor
Jake - Production worker - scene takes place on factory floor
Jon - Company auditor
Unnamed Ethic Officer - speaks directly to camera with teleprompter, shot on green screen. (recurring role)

Sample script for audition

KYLE: Hey, Jake. Rejecting another one for missing the balancing spec? You're rejecting a lot of tires for being out of spec lately.
JAKE: Yeah, I don't know what's going on. A lot of tires are falling outside the acceptable range...they're close but just missing the spec.
KYLE:  Are you sure?  How far out of spec?  Wait a minute. You're using THAT spec on the computer?
KYLE: These tires should have been ok.  That spec isn't the one we use.  You should be using this one (points to wall).  This is the "local spec." This one has been more consistent on pass rates across the plant-who knows what that spec is or how recently it's been updated?
JAKE: (Skeptical) Really? Shouldn't the spec be uniform across all the plants? I've been working here a few months now and I was trained that we are supposed to measure versus the global spec (points to computer).
KYLE: C'mon Jake, as business center manager, I know what you should be doing, and I'm telling you - use this spec (points to wall).
JAKE: (Reluctantly) Okay, if you say so...

SCENE CHANGE

JON: I'm just not sure what is going on. Most of our plants have consistent scrap rates relating to balancing, but the numbers for West Luxemance are significantly different.  Far less than any other plant. But West Luxemance pass rates should be equal to other plants on this tire.  Something doesn't seem right...what do you think could be going on there?

ETHICS OFFICER: As Jake found out, Speaking Up is always the right thing to do. If you are aware of  known or suspected violations of a policy, process or procedure, you need to speak up!
On screen:

*        your manager

*        your HR representative

*        the lawyer for your business

*        internal audit

*        compliance & ethics office, or

*        the Integrity Hotline (superimpose the website address)
It prevents major issues and ultimately protects the Company's reputation. You can speak up by contacting your supervisor, the Human Resources Department, the corporate Compliance & Ethics Department, the lawyer for your business, or the Integrity Hotline.
Jake did the right thing by calling the Integrity Hotline when he suspected that the information he was receiving from his manager about the Local Spec was not in compliance with his training.

VIDEO #2
one male and two female parts

John - company executive
Jane - company executive, John's co-worker
Cindy - company executive, John's boss

Sample script for audition

JANE: Whatcha got there, John?
JOHN: Oh, it's a tea box from one of our Korean suppliers.
JANE: Nice! I know tea ceremonies are a big part of Korean culture. I spent some time in South Korea back in my younger days for work and became a real tea lover. Mind if I take a look at the kinds of tea they gave us?
JOHN: Not at all.
JANE: Ah, ginseng. Citrus peel. Goji. Goji was always one of my favorites. Want to try?
JOHN: Sure, what the heck.
JOHN: Which shall we try?
JANE: Definitely go with the goji if you haven't before.
JOHN: Wow, you weren't kidding. This is delicious! Very refreshing and soothing.
JANE: Sure is. Sometimes there is a history of how the specific teas in a box are made at the bottom of the box.
JOHN: Huh. What's this?
JOHN: It's the equivalent of $1,000 USD in South Korean Won.
JANE: Whoa. That seems fishy.
JOHN: No kidding.
JOHN: I don't think we should be accepting this.
JANE: I think you're right. We're usually allowed to accept gifts, but they have to be modest. This doesn't seem modest to me.
JOHN: I agree. The gift has to be below under $100 without approval from any higher-ups.
JANE: Plus, we're not allowed to accept cash as a gift. The tea box would have been fine on its own, but the envelope of cash changes everything.
JOHN: I think this should be refused and returned immediately, don't you? We'd better contact my manager.
JANE: Agreed. Good luck.

SCENE CHANGE

JOHN: Hi Cindy.
CINDY: Hi, John. What can I do for you?
JOHN: Well, I was out to lunch today with Min-Jun - an employee of one of our South Korean suppliers - and received this lovely tea box. However, I found an envelope of cash worth $1,000 in the bottom of the box. I have a feeling this is against our gift policy.
CINDY: Oh, wow. Let me have a look.
CINDY: Yikes. This is definitely in violation of our gift and entertainment policy. You did the right thing by bringing this to my attention. I'll take it from here.

THANKS!