[NEohioPAL] Hiring Diverse Actors (All Races & Genders) for Civil Rights Testing in Cleveland

Jake Lilien via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed May 3 14:07:37 PDT 2017

The Center for Civil Rights is hiring actors of all races and genders in the Cleveland area to help us investigate discrimination.

We conduct civil rights testing across the country. For example, if we believe that a bank is discriminating on the basis of race, we’ll hire a white actor and an actor of color to both go to the bank “undercover," and inquire about a loan. If we find that there is a pattern and practice of discrimination, we may file a complaint.

We pay actors $150 for a typical assignment. Our training will be in Cleveland on Saturday, May 6th, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Participants will be paid $75 for completing the training.

If you want to attend, email your resume to civilrightsvolunteers at ncrc.org<mailto:civilrightsvolunteers at ncrc.org>, and you’ll receive more information. If you have any questions, email jlilien at ncrc.org<mailto:jlilien at ncrc.org>.