[NEohioPAL] Mamai Theatre Company | THE TESTAMENT OF MARY - Director Bernadette Clemens discusses the play at the Beachwood branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library on Wednesday, May 17 at 7

Christine via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri May 12 17:01:47 PDT 2017

Join Bernadette Clemens, Executive Artistic Director of Mamaí Theatre
Company <http://www.mamaitheatreco.org>, and the director of THE TESTAMENT
OF MARY, by Colm Tóibín, *Wednesday*, May 17 at 7 pm for a discussion of
and readings from the play. Free and open to the public. Cuyahoga County
Public Library, Beachwood Branch
<http://cuyahogalibrary.org/Branches/Beachwood.aspx>, 25501 Shaker
Boulevard, Beachwood, Ohio  44122. Register here
<http://cuyahogalibrary.evanced.info/eventsignup.asp?ID=112544&rts=&disptype=&ret=eventcalendar.asp&pointer=&returnToSearch=&num=0&ad=&dt=mo&mo=5/1/2017&df=calendar&EventType=ALL&Lib=4&AgeGroup=ALL&LangType=0&WindowMode=&noheader=&lad=&pub=1&nopub=&page=&pgdisp=>
.

Imagine the most iconic mother of all time telling her private version of a
story we thought we knew. Colm Tóibín’s retelling of the pivotal events in
the life of Jesus Christ through the eyes of Mary the survivor challenges
us to imagine the suffering, courage and strength of mothers on a colossal
scale -- up close and personal. Prepare to join a gifted playwright and
performer in a one-of-a-kind solo journey that will leave you with new
insight and questions, along with a deeper appreciation for human endurance
in the context of mystery.

"Mary stripped bare... A private tête-à-tête with a woman who has an
extraordinary story to tell."  The New York Times

*Then, see the play in July at Mamai's new home at Playhouse Square!*

THE TESTAMENT OF MARY -Regional Premiere!

by Colm Tóibín, with Anne McEvoy

Directed by Bernadette Clemens

Scenic design by Don McBride

Lighting design by Marcus Dana

Costume Design by Kristine Davies

Sound Design by Richard Ingraham

Properties Design by Monica Plunkett

July 5 - 23, 2017

Wednesdays-Saturdays at 7:30pm, Sundays at 2:30pm

Talkback with director & cast following the Sunday, July 16th matinee

The Helen Rosenfeld Lewis Bialosky Lab Theatre

Tickets on sale now for THE TESTAMENT OF MARY, LOVE, LOSS AND WHAT I WORE
and A DOLL'S HOUSE. Click here <https://www.mamaitheatreco.org/tickets-2017>
!

Season & company information at www.mamaitheatreco.org
Tickets at www.playhousesquare.org or 216.241.6000