[NEohioPAL] Press Release: Ensemble Theatre statement on Coventry Building.

Ensemble Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed May 17 14:44:48 PDT 2017

*Press Release: For Immediate Release.*
Contact:* 216-321-2930*
*info at ensemble-theatre.org <info at ensemble-theatre.org>*
*celeste at ensemble-theatre.org <celeste at ensemble-theatre.org> *

Ensemble Theatre's Board of Directors, Executive Artistic Director and
staff release this public statement in response to the recent news
regarding the possibility of the Coventry Building going up for sale.

Our board statement:* "On the afternoon of May 9th Ensemble Theatre was
notified by the Cleveland Heights-University Heights School District that
all building leases would be moved to a month-to-month term beginning July
1st and the District would begin to pursue selling the building.*

*Ensemble’s priority at this time is to continue to serve the community
through our mission of theatrical presentations, educational programming,
and by providing a safe and positive community gathering place. It is our
hope the CH-UH School Board shares our commitment to the community and
understands the benefits of having an institution such as Ensemble Theatre
present within their district. *

*As an anchor tenant in the Coventry building, we look forward to working
with the CH-UH School District on a tenable solution that takes into
account a realistic timeline to address a “possible” change in venue that
will allow us to continue providing artistic and educational opportunities
to the Cleveland Heights community and the surrounding region, as we have
done for the past four decades." *

Please contact me or the theatre "info" email directly with any questions.
We will continue to provide updates as we have them. We would be happy to
share any information we have currently.

Celeste Cosentino, Executive Artistic Director
celeste at ensemble-theatre.org
--
*Information*
info at ensemble-theatre.org
2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH 441118
216-321-2930/216-202-0938
*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org>*