[NEohioPAL] Literary Cleveland Brings "Field of Dreams: Sports Memoir Writing" to the Baseball Heritage Museum

Margaret Reardon via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat May 20 12:18:12 PDT 2017

Field of Dreams Sports Memoir WritingThursday June 15 and 227 to 9 pm.
Presented by Literary Cleveland at the Baseball Heritage Museum6601 Lexington Ave at Historic League Park
We are thrilled to announce our new partnership with Literary Cleveland! In this  2 part workshop, participants will look at classic sports memoirs, some of which feature Cleveland sports legends like Lebron James, to begin writing your own. Consider H.G. Bissinger’s Friday Night Lights, which took us to Odessa in West Texas and changed how we felt about high school football, spawned a film and TV series. LeBron James’ own “I’m Coming Home” letter is an example of the power of the sports essay. In the second session, you’ll have a chance to get feedback on your own work. Learn to take your sports recollections and craft them into powerful nonfiction narratives.About the presenter:​  Charlotte Morgan is a veteran reporter and photographer who grew up watching sports with her dad. Traveling to Browns training camp in Hiram, Ohio and watching games at the old Municipal Stadium was a way of life.  Her career as a sports reporter began when her high school track team competed to win a State Championship, she traveled across the state to cover their relays. As reporter, she’s worked the Cavs as well the Cleveland Browns beat for local community newspapers and takes pride in the fact she interviewed ESPN’s Jemele Hill before she became a household name.Space is limited, register here. For more events, visit our website! You may be surprised at what you find!
 @media screen and (max-width: 489px) { .border-color { display: none !important; } }
|   |  |
|  Margaret Reardon
 Administrator, The Baseball Heritage Museum  |
|  2167891083 | www.baseballheritagemuseum.org |
 6601 Lexington Avenue Cleveland OH 44103  |