[NEohioPAL] Act-It UP! Community Theatre presents...Performance Art for a Cause!

Shari Schneider via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat May 20 15:11:06 PDT 2017

Act-It UP!  Community Theatre presents...

Performance Art for a Cause!
This years' production will benefit two local non-profit organizations;
Rahab Ministries & The Grief Care Place.  Proceeds from ticket sales after
expenses will be donated to these organizations.

RAHAB is a non-profit ministry of volunteers devoted to restoring women who
are trafficked into prostitution in Akron, Ohio.  The heart of RAHAB
Ministries is compassion.  www.rahab-ministries.org.

The Grief Care Place has begun offering new services that focus on families
who have lost loved ones to opioid overdose, an increasing problem in our
society today.  www.thegriefcareplace.org

*About the Story:*

Lynn Sable, a southern belle who makes her home in Louisiana is a
successful Inspirational Novelist.  Lynn offers a glimpse into her creative
process, delivering clues to solve the mystery in a unique and charming
way.  As she delves into the mystery, guests are invited to discover the
correct solution as her characters come alive to illustrate her latest
novel. To whom does this broken heart belong? Will it ever be mended? Is
there a happy ending in sight?

As a writer, Lynn loves building the backstory of all her characters and
within "The Mysterious Case of the Broken Heart", we follow the story of
the character of Violet.  We first see her as a child, an orphan, alone on
the streets having run away from an orphanage. We don't know why, perhaps
she was abused, perhaps she didn't feel loved or welcome, but it doesn't
matter, she is a child and for whatever reason, the adults in her life
failed to protect her.  Thus begins the path of her life.  We see her
later, as a teen, trying to fit the pieces of life together, but still she
struggles, vulnerable, unable to trust.  As she grows to adulthood, is it
possible for her to find healing?

Featuring a Louisiana-Style Menu with your choice of entree!
Entree #1:  Smoked Sausage Jambalaya w/ Bayou Fried Chicken

OR
Entree #2:  Baked Chicken Breasts w/ a Sour Cream Marinade

Served with:
Baked Potato OR Baked Sweet Potato

Green Beans Almondine

*And...Louisiana's favorite dessert....*

Bread Pudding w/ a Butter Brandy Sauce

(**Vegetarian Entree Option available upon request)

Ticket/Performance Information:

Friday, May 26th @ 7pm -- Dinner Performance

$20/General; $17/Senior & Student

Saturday, May 27th @ 2pm -- Dessert Only Matinee Performance
$15/General; $13/Senior & Student

Tickets are available Pre-sale Only.

Phone:  Church Office -- (330) 928-4847

Website:  http://pilgrimcf.org

Questions?  Email the Director:
act.it.up.theater at gmail.com
(This performance is rated PG by the Director due to some tough society
issues being portrayed)