[NEohioPAL] KID COMPANY at Mercury Theatre Company

Mercury Theatre Company via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri May 26 06:36:32 PDT 2017

Mercury Theatre Company's

KID COMPANY

Teaching Life Skills Through Stage Skills

Here are Mercury Theatre Company we believe passionately in theater's power to transform the lives of young people. Through our four KID COMPANY summer camps we provide opportunities for students to learn and hone skills (presence, expression, focus, projection) that make a great stage experience, while simultaneously helping students develop life skills (self-confidence, discipline, integrity, commitment and teamwork). No experience necessary.

STAR WARS SHAKESPEARE

June 12-16, 9 am- 3 pm. Ages 8-12. Cost $200

Learn the language of the Bard through a story from a galaxy far, far away. Using the William Shakespeare's Star Wars series, gain basic acting and script analysis skills, while delving into the minds of your favorite Star Wars characters.

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

June 19-23, 9 am- 3 pm. Ages 8-12. Cost $200

Use experimentation and improvisation to take on stories and create new works for the stage. Use writing skills, creativity, personal experience, and imagination to write the next great work starring- YOU!

BRING IT ON...THE STAGE

June 26-30, 9 am- 3 pm. Ages 8-12. Cost $200

Explore hip-hop, jazz, classical, movement, and musical theatre dance in this one week intensive. Work with MTC choreographers to strengthen and expand dance skills to the scores of Lin-Manuel Miranda (including Hamilton, In the Heights, Moana, and Bring It On.)

MISS PEREGRINE'S SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE FANTASTIC BEASTS

July 24-28, 9 am- 3pm. Ages 8-12. Cost $200

Escape. Conjure. Improvise. Inspired by books they love, students will use puzzles, riddles and found visuals to inform character, setting, and plot, to devise original scenes for Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

*Sign up for 3 or more and receive a $50 discount per week.  Sign up for all 4 and only pay for the price of 3!

"'I can't' is NOT in my vocabulary! I take risks! I conquer my fears! I am not afraid to lead! Yeah!"

While learning all about the art of acting, our Kid Company inspires students to believe in themselves to achieve their best, both on and off stage.

Registration is now open!

To sign up, call 216.771.5862 or email info at mercurytheatrecompany.org.

Space is limited, register today!

Mercury Theatre Company