[NEohioPAL] Correction: Rock of Ages at Cain Park, June 8-25

proffice2 cainpark via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Jun 9 10:45:33 PDT 2017

**Please delete previous and reprint new message below as new listing. Thank you **

REGIONAL PREMIERE

June 8-25, 2017 in the Alma Theater
Preview June 8. Opens June 9.
Thursdays-Saturdays at 7 pm, Sundays at 2 pm

Book by Chris D'Arienzo
Arrangements and Orchestrations by Ethan Popp
Directed by JOANNA MAY HUNKINS
Music Directed by JORDAN COOPER
Choreographed by KEVIN MARR
Scenic & Lighting Design by TRAD A BURNS
Costume Design by TESIA BENSON
Sound Design by CARLTON GUC
Stage Managed by TOM HUMES*
   *member, Actors Equity Association

Big Hair rockers descend on the Alma Theater with the Regional Premiere of ROCK OF AGES! Set in LA's infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, ROCK OF AGES tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit, and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in Los Angeles to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. It's a rolling, rocking trip down hair metal memory lane enmeshed in a hilarious but heartwarming coming-of-age story...A serious treat for lover and non-lovers of '80s music.

This Tony-nominated Broadway musical features a raucous mix of 28 eyebrow-scorching rock anthems by bands including Bon Jovi, Styx, Journey, White Snake, Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, and others: "Nothin' But A Good Time," "We Built This City," "The Final Countdown," "We're Not Gonna Take It," "Here I Go Again," "Can't Fight This Feeling," "I Want To Know What Love Is," and more.

"Absurdly enjoyable! About as guilty as pleasures gets!" The New York Times

"Insanely fun! Rock and comedy in perfect proportion!" Time Out New York

"Broadway's 'Bad Boy' Hit! Flanked with...a score full of the best '80s songs, this powerhouse Broadway musical defies the conventional stay-in-your-seat theatergoing experience, and transforms it into a rock concert that melds sincerity with parody." Blackbook Magazine

Caution: Mild Adult Themes, Mature Content. PG13.

Preview tickets on June 8 are $25 (no discounts). Tickets in advance are $30, day of show $32.
"Guilty Pleasures" June 9 Wine Tasting, 5:30-6:45pm, $10, Alma Courtyard in partnership with The Wine Spot<http://winespotonline.com/>.

ON SALE AT TICKETMASTER ON APRIL 14
(online, outlets, 800-745-3000)

Cain Park Ticket Office now open to the general public.

Tickets:
Preview 6/8 $25 (no discounts)
All other performances $30 advance, $32 day of show
Buy tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com/Cain-Park-tickets-Cleveland-Heights/venue/40966

###

Jessica Rosenblatt
Public Relations/Marketing