[NEohioPAL] Dear List, Here is my partisan "Resistance to Trump" posting. Love, Fred

Fred Sternfeld via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Jun 17 17:13:31 PDT 2017

Dear List,

This is a partisan email. I am against the Trump presidency. I am speaking
for myself and not for Neohiopal. In the interest of evenhandedness, if one
of you wants to post the opposite point of view with a similar goal of
organization, you may.

I get it. People are burned out by politics. And you are thinking "What can
I do?" The answer is - plenty! There is no time for despair if we are going
to change this situation.

I attended Tim Hagan
<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000784265779&fref=mentions>'s
"Fearless
Loyal Opposition" <https://www.facebook.com/TheFearlessLoyalOpposition/>
meeting today and here are a few things you can do to help our country stay
a democracy:

1) Use the "resistbot" every day to write your senators and congressmen
about the issues that concern you. Just text to the number 50409 and type
"resist" and then click send and it will walk you through a series of
prompts to send letters. It is VERY easy to use. I have been using it every
day since I found out about it.

2) Call. Call. Call. Senator Portman is on the fence about the Health Care
Bill and calls to him have slowed down. Every vote counts. Congress contact
info is on one of the files in this google folder
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6L9jLMW0gBEMGZScnBXQjZyV28>.

3) Volunteer. Even an hour or two a week will help. Email Tim Hagan
<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000784265779&fref=mentions>
at *timhagan14 at yahoo.com
<timhagan14 at yahoo.com>* and he will send you a form to fill out. The MOST
IMPORTANT thing we can do right now is help *Get Out The Vote* for the 2018
midterms. 49% of our country did not vote in last November's presidential
election and we have to help change that as we go forward. If we can take
back the Senate and House of Representatives then that will fast track
impeachment. Here is a google drive folder entitles "The Fearless
Opposition Tool Kit" that was created by Tim Hagan and his staff. It has a
ton of information
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6L9jLMW0gBEMGZScnBXQjZyV28>.

4) If it within your means, subscribe to and support excellent news sources
like the New York Times, Washington Post and others. Support Public Radio
and TV.

The only disappointment at today's meeting of around 150 people was that
the crowd was about 90% over 50 and white. Please, PLEASE - all ages,
ethnicities, people of color and LGBTQ are needed to combat the threat to
our nation.

Get involved. Anything you can do will help.

--
Fred Sternfeld
http://www.fredsternfeld.com