[NEohioPAL] My $30,000 acting mistake

Brian Bowers via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Jun 24 18:24:27 PDT 2017

Years ago I did a little web video explaining why people should get a 212
area code for their business.

I still remember this shoot. I had a  little video demo posted online for
months that I had actually totally forgotten about it until one day I got a
call from a production company–someone had seen my demo and wanted to book
me for a gig.

Of course I was thrilled!

There were two different videos that were going to be commercials on the
company’s website. They featured me as the spokesperson, convincing people
to sign up for the service and explaining how easy it was.

There was zero prep time needed on my part. I showed up the day of the
shoot and read the script off of a teleprompter. We did a few takes for
each of the videos. Things went smoothly, and I was out in about two hours.

And on top of that, I was actually getting paid! A few weeks after the
shoot, I got a check in the mail for $200. I was so money, baby!

$200 for two hours of work–$100 an hour. It was way more money that I was
getting for whatever day job I was working at the time, so I was thrilled.

Seems like a great deal, right?

Boy was I wrong! Read about how this one mistake
<http://www.gorillafilmschool.com/30000-acting-mistake/> ended up costing
me over $30,000 (and counting).

*Read: My $30,000 acting mistake
<http://www.gorillafilmschool.com/30000-acting-mistake/>*