[NEohioPAL] AUDITION NOTICE: Frankenstein 1930

James Charpie via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jul 18 10:48:49 PDT 2017

East Cleveland Theater (ECT) is hosting auditions for “Frankenstein 1930”,
written by Fred Carmichael.  We are seeking 5 men and 2 women for this show.

*Synopsis:*

An adaptation of the classic novel by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley.
Although this adaptation was published in 1996, the play is set in the
1930s.

*The Roles:*

*Daughter / Berta*: These are two separate roles.  The Daughter only
appears in Act 1, Scene 1 ... grieving over her misunderstood brother.
Berta is the housekeeper at the Frankenstein residence.  She appears in
numerous scenes in both Act I and Act II.

*Grave Digger 1 / Horst*: These are two separate roles.  The Grave Digger 1
only appears in Act 1, Scene 1 ... preparing a grave for a recently
deceased young man.  Horst appears multiple times in Act 2 and is a
villager.

*Grave Digger 2 / Second Man*: These are two separate roles.  The Grave
Digger 2 only appears in Act 1, Scene 1 ... preparing a grave for a
recently deceased young man.  Second Man appears multiple times in Act 2
and is a villager.

*Victor Frankenstein*: Victor is college educated, and while doing advanced
studies was mentored by Dr Hellstrom.  Victor was ultimately dismissed from
his college studies due to his abnormal practices.  He is in love with
Elizabeth, but his scientific endeavors are more important at this time in
the story.

*Gorgo / Korda*: These are two separate roles.  Gorgo has been shunned by
society, and is Victor Frankenstein's assistant.  Gorgo is anxious for
Victor's creation to live, as Gorgo is desperately looking for a friend.
Korda only appears in Act II, and is the father of a little girl, also
killed by the creature.

*Elizabeth*: Elizabeth is the ward of Victor Frankenstein's father and
aunt.  Elizabeth and Victor are engaged during this story.  She is looking
for a 'normal' life, and Victor is too engaged in his scientific tests to
accommodate such a request.

*Henry*: Henry grew up with Victor Frankenstein and Elizabeth, and all
continue to be good friends.  Although Victor and Elizabeth are engaged,
Henry has also always been in love with Elizabeth, but sensibilities being
what they are, would not pursue Elizabeth.  He is alarmed by Victor's need
to pursue his scientific endeavors.

*Director: Michael A Lenzo*

Michael is making quite a name for himself, starting off with "Dracula" in
2015, followed by "The Fall of the House of Usher" in 2016, which won
Broadway World's first place award in the category *Best Production of a
Comedy or Drama*.

*Audition Dates:*

Saturday, July 22, 2017, from 12 to 3pm, and Sunday, July 23, 2017 from 2
to 6pm.  Please email me at jcharpie at eastclevelandtheater.org or call
330-416-1311 <%28330%29%20416-1311> to schedule a time.  These auditions
are by appointment only.  If you cannot make Saturday or Sunday, please
contact me anyway … we would like to know when you are available for an
audition.  Please come prepared with any conflicts you may have with the
rehearsal schedule.

*Show Dates:*

Opening: Friday, October 06, 2017

Closing: Sunday, October 29, 2017

Shows on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (12 shows total)

Friday and Saturday shows start at 8pm

Sunday shows start at 3pm

*Rehearsals:*

Scripts will be handed out by the end of July.

Rehearsals will start: Sunday, August 27, 2017

Rehearsals:

Sundays, from 3 to 7pm

Mondays, from 6:30 to 9:30pm

Tuesdays, from 6:30 to 9:30pm

Wednesday, from 6:30 to 9:30pm

Tech Week starts Sunday, October 01, at 2pm.  There will be rehearsals
every night before we open on Friday, October 06.  Attendance is mandatory
during tech week.

East Cleveland Theater is a community theater celebrating its 49th Season.  Our
actors, like most of our personnel, are unpaid volunteers.  We hope you
will join us as we entertain and challenge our audiences.  If you have
questions, please call James Charpie at 330-416-1311 <%28330%29%20416-1311>,
or email me at jcharpie at eastclevelandtheater.org.

East Cleveland Theater

14108 Euclid Avenue

East Cleveland, OH 44112