[NEohioPAL] Auditions for "Young Frankenstein" at Weathervane Playhouse

Fred Gloor via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jul 24 09:18:41 PDT 2017

AUDITION DATES FOR "YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN" at Weathervane Playhouse

Sunday, Aug. 6 - 2 to 5 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 7 - 6 to 9 p.m.

Auditions are scheduled BY APPOINTMENT in 10-minute blocks each day.

Click here to audition: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054aaaa62aa2f49-young

Callbacks, if necessary, will be Wednesday, Aug. 8 from 6 to 9 p.m.

PRODUCTION DATES
"Young Frankenstein" will play for 12 performances on Weathervane's Founders Theater stage from Oct. 5 to 22, 2017. The performances will be Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m.

WHAT TO PREPARE

Please prepare 32 bars of music from either a song from "Young Frankenstein" or a similar musical-theater song from a different show to demonstrate your vocal range.
You can also prepare a two-minute monologue. You will also be asked to do a "cold reading" from the script.
Please bring a headshot and a resume, if available.
Please bring your calendar with you in order to declare any "conflict dates" between Aug. 8 and Oct. 22, 2017.

ABOUT THE SHOW

"Young Frankenstein"
The New Mel Brooks Musical
Book by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan
Music and Lyrics by Mel Brooks

Directed by Bill Morgan
Choreographed by Conni Fleming
Musical Direction by John Ebner

It's alive! The electrifying adaptation of Mel Brooks' monstrously funny film will leave you in stitches!

>From the creators of the record-breaking Broadway sensation The Producers comes this monstrous new musical comedy. Comedy genius Mel Brooks has adapted his legendarily funny film into a brilliant stage creation - Young Frankenstein!

Grandson of the infamous Victor Frankenstein, Frederick Frankenstein (pronounced "FRONK-en-steen") inherits his family's estate in Transylvania. With the help of a hunchbacked sidekick, Igor (pronounced "EYE-gore"), and a leggy lab assistant named Inga (pronounced normally!), Frederick finds himself in the mad scientist shoes of his ancestors. "It's alive!" he exclaims as he brings to life a creature to rival his grandfather's. Eventually, of course, the monster escapes and hilarity continuously abounds.

With such memorable tunes as "The Transylvania Mania," "He Vas My Boyfriend" and "Puttin' on the Ritz," Young Frankenstein is scientifically proven to be monstrously good entertainment!

ABOUT THE SHOW'S CHARACTERS

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein
Brilliant brain surgeon, professor, and grandson of mad scientist Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein.

Gender: Male
Age: 25 to 35
Vocal range top: G4
Vocal range bottom: Bb2

The Monster
The misunderstood creation of Dr. Frankenstein.

Gender: Male
Vocal range top: Bb4
Vocal range bottom: Db2

Igor
Frederick's faithful, bright-eyed, eager servant and friend with a hunchback.

Gender: Male
Age: 25 to 35
Vocal range top: G4
Vocal range bottom: Bb2

Inga
Frederick's young assistant. Attractive and a resident of Transylvania.

Gender: Female
Age: 20 to 30
Vocal range top: A5
Vocal range bottom: G3

Elizabeth Benning
Frederick's boisterous fiancé.

Gender: Female
Age: 25 to 35
Vocal range top: F5
Vocal range bottom: F#3

Frau Blücher
Stern housekeeper of the Frankenstein estate and former lover of Victor Frankenstein.

Gender: Female
Age: 40 to 60
Vocal range top: C5
Vocal range bottom: E3

Inspector Hans Kemp
The head of police in Transylvania. Driven by justice, with a wooden arm and leg.

Gender: male
Age: 40 to 50
Vocal range top: F4
Vocal range bottom: A2

The Hermit
A lonely, blind town hermit, hoping for a friend.

Gender: male
Age: 30 to 60
Vocal range top: F4
Vocal range bottom: Ab2

Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein
The infamous Dr. Frankenstein and Frederick's grandfather.

Gender: Male
Age: 45 to 65
Vocal range top: F4
Vocal range bottom: C#2

Ziggy
The village idiot.

Gender: male
Age: 18 to 30
Vocal range top: Eb4
Vocal range bottom: D3

Ensemble
Gravediggers, Villagers, Medical Students, Passengers, Mad Scientists

Gender: both

All performers at Weathervane are volunteers, there are no stipends or Equity contracts.