[NEohioPAL] PERFORMANCE: "Dog Sees God" by Bert V. Royal in Ashtabula

Douglas Anderson via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Aug 8 14:50:20 PDT 2017

"Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead"
By Bert V. Royal
Directed by Douglas Eric Anderson.
A "Rescued from the Mess" production

Where: Ashtabula Arts Center, 2928 West 13th Street, Ashtabula OH 44004
www.ashtabulaartscenter.org
When: August 11 and 12 at 7:30 p.m., and August 13 at 2:30 p.m.

In a long letter to his childhood pen pal, CB questions the senseless death
of his rabid beagle. Seeking answers from his high school friends, he takes
a wild leap at love -- in a direction no one expects. What follows will
delight and disturb you in equal measure.

A play about breaking molds and broken hearts, "Dog Sees God" provides a
gritty, witty take on beloved characters that many will find familiar from
their childhoods. The playwright adapts the gentle conventions and conceits
of a simple comic strip to the harsh hormonal realities that many teens
face every day. The result leaves the audience with an indelible heartful
of laughter and loss.

Performances will be August 11, 12, and 13, presented as the first of the
"Theatre on the Edge" series at the Ashtabula Arts Cente. The play is a
production of Rescued from the Mess, a local theater collaboration. Dog
Sees God is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service,
Inc., New York. Tickets can be reserved in advance by calling the Arts
Center at 440-964-3396 <(440)%20964-3396>, or purchased at the door.

Director Douglas Eric Anderson, says: "The mission of Rescued from the Mess
is to carve out a niche for bold and unabashed theater in our area. 'Dog
Sees God' certainly fits that description. We're thankful to the Arts
Center for offering us a venue to present this powerful piece."

The play contains very strong language, emotionally intense scenes, and
adult themes

--
"My dear little librarian, pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find
you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays.  I don't know