[NEohioPAL] Free Jazz this Friday at the Baseball Heritage Museum

Margaret Reardon via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Aug 9 08:24:40 PDT 2017

Community Concert at League Park6601 Lexington Avenue
Friday August 11
5-7 pm

James Alexander and Blues Company

On August 11, 1929 Babe Ruth hit his 500th home run over League Park's right field fence, Lou Gehrig hit his 27th home run of the season,  and yet the Tribe prevailed in a 6-5 victory. (read the Plain Dealer's coverage here). What better place to be this Friday than where it all happened!  And in  honor of this great Jazz Age sports story we have free jazz thanks to our  partnership with Roots of American Music and the support of the Cleveland Foundation.
Come enjoy classic and contemporary Jazz with James Alexander and Blues Legacy.
James Alexander II is an independent jazz drummer based in Painesville, Ohio. He resided in New York City from 2004-2013 where he worked as a sideman for many jazz artists and functioned as the bandleader of his organ trios and quartets. He has shared the stage with many notable jazz musicians including: Roy Hargrove, Lou Donaldson, Anthony Wonsey ,Wessel Anderson, Russel Malone, Curtis Lundy and Wycliffe Gordon.

 Administrator, The Baseball Heritage Museum   2167891083 | www.baseballheritagemuseum.org | 6601 Lexington Avenue Cleveland OH 44103