[NEohioPAL] Engaging Concert at St Alban Episcopal Church

Malina Rauschenfels via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Aug 9 19:12:45 PDT 2017

Friday, August 11, 7:30pm
St Alban Episcopal Church
2555 Euclid Heights Blvd
Cleveland Heights, OH
Suggested donation $10-$20

Check out our cast interviews!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeMIPQaVOJ4
https://youtu.be/TEeO0tgFEmA
https://youtu.be/66G6XJV9jTo

Cleveland.com Preview here
<http://www.cleveland.com/musicdance/index.ssf/2017/08/burning_river_baroque_letting.html>

Join Burning River Baroque for a diverse concert full of epic plot twists
and compelling questions about how we engage with each other in
relationships. This intriguing program of French cantatas and harpsichord
solos features works by Élisabeth Jacquet de la Guerre, Julie Pinel, and
Nicolas Racot de Grandval. Will Sémele live to see her lover appear as a
God? What does this myth, and our personal reactions to it, say about how
cultures view trust, honesty, and infidelity in men and women? In
Grandval's epic parody, one soprano plays six different characters in "The
Widow from Ephese." Yet on a more serious note, we witness one culture's
view of widowhood and examine what we owe the deceased. Ultimately, we must
each find the balance between pursuing our own happiness and pleasing
others. This captivating hour of exquisite music will raise questions,
challenge beliefs, and provide an excellent side of humor for good measure.

Malina Rauschenfels, Soprano and Baroque Violin
Paula Maust, Harpsichord
burning-river-baroque.org <http://burningriverbaroque.org/>