[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Into the Woods at Heights Youth Theatre August 22 & 23

Pamela Fine via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Aug 16 12:22:37 PDT 2017

HEIGHTS YOUTH THEATRE INVITES YOU TO AUDITION FOR

INTO THE WOODS

Directed by Kelly Monaghan
Music Directed by Stacy Bolton

Auditions for anyone in grades 1-12:

   - Tuesday, August 22– *open call beginning at 6:00 pm, must be there by
   8 pm to be seen*
   - Wednesday, August 23 – *open call beginning at 6:00 pm, must be there
   by 8 pm to be seen*

Please note: If you are not available to audition on either of these dates
please e-mail hytstagemanager at gmail.com.

Callbacks – by invitation only on Thursday, August 24

Location for auditions: Wiley Middle School Auditorium, 2181 Miramar
Boulevard, University Heights 44118

Rehearsal and performances will be held at Wiley Middle School Auditorium,
2181 Miramar Boulevard, University Heights 44118

Casting Information:  All roles are available. HYT is committed to
non-traditional casting.  Actors will be cast solely on the basis of
talent, except in cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to
a role.

*Please note: Into the Woods contains mature content.  Also, for this show,
Heights Youth Theatre will only cast 40 children in grades 1-5. These
children will make up the ensemble for the show. Thank you for your
understanding!*

*WHAT TO PREPARE:*

Grades 6-12

   1. One selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie-
   one verse and one chorus).
   2. Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.

Grades 1-5

   1. Please learn the following lyrics from Into the Woods (we will help
   you practice a little before you sing alone) –
*Understanding the words you are singing is a huge bonus.  Parents, we
   encourage you to explain the lyrics to your kids before they audition. *

*Into the Woods, *
*It’s time to go, *
*I hate to leave, *
*I have to, though. *
*Into the Woods *
*It’s time, and so **I must begin my journey.*

Everyone please bring headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out the
audition form, found at the top of the audition page of the website, prior
to coming to audition.

We will be looking for the following when you audition:

   - Ability to sing consistently on pitch and with expression
   - Solid sense of beat and rhythm
   - Overall preparation (knowledge of song and self-presentation)
   - Positive Behavior

Rehearsals begin Monday, August 28.  Rehearsals will be Monday – Friday,
5:00-8:00 or 8:30 pm. You will not be called every day, only when you are
needed to work. Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals as well as all
performances is mandatory.

Production Dates:

   - Friday, October 20 & 27, 7 PM
   - Saturday, October 21 & 28, 2 PM