[NEohioPAL] University of Akron Fall Auditions for "Skin of Our Teeth"

Arts Administration via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Aug 30 10:20:36 PDT 2017

*AUDITION: *

The University of Akron School of Dance, Theatre, and Arts Administration
is looking for students and community members to audition for the Fall
Mainstage production, *The Skin of Our Teeth, *by Thornton Wilder, directed
by James Slowiak, UA Professor of Theatre. This award winning comedy turns
theatre conventions upside down as we careen from modern day New Jersey to
the Ice Age and beyond. Full of outrageous characters and provocative
themes, there is a role for every type of performer! At least four men and
four women.

Rehearsals will begin Monday, September 11th and performance dates are
October 26th to November 4th, 2017. If you are cast, expect to rehearse
Sunday through Thursday evenings, for 3 to 4 hours.

*WHAT TO PREPARE:*

Please prepare to perform 2-3 minutes of something you do well. Like
“America’s Got Talent”: recite a poem, sing a song, dance, mime, do a
monologue, a comic routine – anything you do well! You also may be asked to
move and to work with other members of your audition group. Please also
come prepared to write down all your schedule conflicts.

*WHERE TO GO:*

Studio 194, Guzzetta Hall, The University of Akron, Buchtel Ave.

(Across the street from E.J. Thomas Hall)

*WHEN TO BE THERE: *

Tuesday, September 5th from 5pm – 7pm

Wednesday, September 6th from 7pm – 9pm

There will be no reserved time slots, so be prepared to stay for the entire
block of time. For any more information, call (330) 972-5909 or email
slowiak at uakron.edu

*Rachel M. Murar *
--

*Graduate Assistant*
School of Dance, Theatre, and Arts Administration