[NEohioPAL] Behind the Mask presented by Theatre on the Spectrum

Wendy Duke via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Sep 2 08:32:11 PDT 2017

For Immediate Release:

Behind the Mask, a play about bullying by Josh Dushack, playwright and
autism advocate from Pittsburgh, PA will be given a workshop production by
Theatre on the Spectrum’s Youth Company.  This is a play that uncovers the
hidden motivations of bullying in a high school setting.

In the spring of 2016, Theatre on the Spectrum staged a public reading of
Josh Dushack’s script. The audience response was so positive, we decided to
move forward with a workshop production of Behind the Mask, with a focus on
digging in to the characterizations and relationships with minimal sets and
costumes.

Directed by Wendy Duke, co-founder of The Center for Applied Drama & Autism
(CADA), the cast features students from Saint Vincent-Saint, Mary, Medina
and Firestone high schools, Old Trail School, Miller South School for the
Visual and Performing Arts as well as one of our adult Theatre on the
Spectrum company members.

Performances take place on Saturday, September 9th at 7 pm and Sunday,
September 10th at 1 pm in our new location in the Village at New Season,
1501 S Hawkins Ave., Akron OH 44320.

Tickets are $10 for Adults and $5 for Senior Citizens and Students. Seating
is very limited, so please call ahead for reservations at 234-678-7830.

*Wendy Duke*

Co-Founder, *The Center for Applied Drama and Auti*
email: wendy at centerforada.org <laura at centerforada.org>
telephone: 234-678-7830
web: centerforada.org