[NEohioPAL] FINAL CALL for Original 20 Minute Plays!

Brandi Eaton via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Aug 30 08:43:52 PDT 2017

Western Reserve Playhouse is pleased to announce the inaugural "80 Minutes" New Works Festival!

We're currently looking for 20 minute plays that are ready for production. Have you written a ten minute play that maybe needed a little more time on/stage? Lengthen it to 20 Minutes! Or do you really love the characters you've created and want to explore them a bit more? Give us a fully fledged 20 minute piece about them.

We are currently seeking original, unpublished 20 Minute Plays to be featured in the festival. If the play that is being submitted has been previously performed (outside of a staged reading or a workshop) please include that information with your submission. While we will be engaging with the playwrights whose pieces will be performed, this is not an official workshop for these shows.

Our theme for this year is Relationships - romantic, familial, platonic, any kind of relationship you can think of.

Submissions are open now and the deadline for submitting is August 31st, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST. We are currently only seeking submissions from local playwrights (Northeast Ohio), but if there are  any questions about that please contact us.

Guidelines:

1. The play must run 15 - 20 Minutes long. The maximum is 20 Minutes.

2. The maximum number of actors involved in each play is 4. If there are additional characters that will be doubled, please indicate that information on the character sheet.

3. Please include the following information in the Word Document or PDF: Name, Mailing Address, E-mail Address, Phone Number. Please also include a short synopsis and list of characters.

4. Please submit your play as an attachment to an e-mail, sent to submissions at westernreserveplayhouse.org. Please put "2017 4x20 Submission" in the subject line.

5. There is no fee for submission, but we ask that each playwright send no more than two scripts.

6. If the playwright's script is chosen for the New Works Festival, the playwright grants Western Reserve Playhouse three (3) royalty-free performances on October 6, 7, and 8 2017.

If there are any questions, please e-mail Brandi at beaton2922 at gmail.com for clarification.

Thank you!

Western Reserve Playhouse